Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reader Questions for Sharon Penman

ellenjane
Reader

Post by ellenjane » Sun October 19th, 2008, 6:26 pm

I'm so sorry you've having posting problems. Hopefully boswellbaxter can get things sorted out, or maybe the system would work better later in the day. I haven't had any problems, but am clueless about how message board software works.

In any case, thank you so much for taking some time out to answer our questions!

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Sun October 19th, 2008, 6:27 pm

Sharon has had to log off due to the computer problems she's experienced, but wanted me to pass along her e-mail address for who want to contact her. (Replace "at" with "@" and remove the spaces.)

skp1124 at comcast.net

She thanks everyone for their questions and their interest. And we thank her for for paying us a visit!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Sun October 19th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Love the questions on this thread and thank you, Sharon, for joining in and giving your very informative and sometimes humorous answers. It was great to 'meet' you this way and hope your PC problems are solved soon. I'm really looking forward to reading DB in the next few weeks - Henry and Eleanor are nearly my top favorite duo.

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Sun October 19th, 2008, 10:31 pm

Argh! I lost track of the time and got here late. I wanted to ask if Richard's troubadour, Blondel de Nesle, plays a major role in the novel she's working on next. Ever since I wrote about troubadours for History Magazine, I've been fascinated by the story of Blondel searching for Richard during his captivity and finally finding him by singing a verse of a song Richard had written under a castle tower and hearing Richard sing the next lines.

Bad luck about the computer troubles. I have never had that problem posting here. How awful that it would be Sharon in particular that this had to happen to.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun October 19th, 2008, 10:56 pm

I really wanted to thank Sharon for stopping by and Boswell for asking my questions!

I am sorry that you were having trouble answering, and hope that you can occasionally drop by just for fun!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Sun October 19th, 2008, 11:06 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]I really wanted to thank Sharon for stopping by and Boswell for asking my questions!

I am sorry that you were having trouble answering, and hope that you can occasionally drop by just for fun![/quote]

Eleanor of Aquitaine stirring up trouble, maybe?

Strange--I've never had problems posting to this forum. Maybe people trying to post at the same time upset it?
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon October 20th, 2008, 12:13 am

My thanks to Sharon for stopping by as well. What fun!

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Mon October 20th, 2008, 3:59 am

Well I have just read through all the thread, and I must say.....what a great discussion!

I'm pretty keyed up to read a Penman now! I still have to read Time and Chance.... :D

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Mon October 20th, 2008, 6:07 am

I was there at the time afterall ! It was absolutelly great ! I was so busy reading all the questions and answers ... I never posted any myself !
Pity about the computer troubles, I hope Sharon can drop in every now and then.
I never read any of her novels as yet, but I have a few on my TBR pile and after all that has been said and discussed here so far, I'm really exited to start reading one and it will be Here be Dragons since everybody here recommends it so highly.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Mon October 20th, 2008, 7:38 am

I've read this thread with interest. It's a shame Sharon couldn't reply as she wanted to - perhaps it's because too many people were trying to post at the same time? Maybe it jammed up the system!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Sharon Penman”