Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reader Questions for Sharon Penman

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Tue November 4th, 2008, 3:24 pm

[quote=""annis""]I heartily sympathise with Sharon's computer hassles (love "the Dells from hell"!) [/quote]

Is that kinda like Hell's Dells? ;)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Tue November 4th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Lol, good one!

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Overtime

Post by Margaret » Wed November 5th, 2008, 9:10 pm

I'll have to put that one on my TBR. Hmmm ... does it count as an historical novel?
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Lauryn
Reader

Post by Lauryn » Mon April 20th, 2009, 8:12 pm

[quote=""Margaret""]Thanks for coming back, Sharon. Perhaps you need to name your computer something a lot nicer! And maybe offer it little treats when you first turn it on in the morning. I wonder what sort of treats a computer would like. Maybe you could sacrifice alarm clocks to it.[/quote]

(My bolding, BTW)

I howled with laughter when I saw this! My good friend got me set up with my current laptop, and told me either NOT to name it this time, or to pick a name of someone I like, and trust to always be there for me. (The laptop is now known as "Hey You!" and is more-or-less reliable. :D )

This has been such a great thread to read - technical dysfunctions notwithstanding. I really enjoy SKP's work, and deeply appreciate the author's notes, maps et al.
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Mon April 20th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Glad to hear your new computer is behaving itself! Be sure to feed it an alarm clock every now and then. :D
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Return to “Sharon Penman”