Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lionheart

N. Gemini Sasson
Reader

Post by N. Gemini Sasson » Tue July 6th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Just started my first SKP book last night. I know - where have I been? It will take me years to catch up. She was delightful to listen to at last year's HNS conference.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue July 6th, 2010, 1:17 pm

Don't worry Gemini, I've only recently got round to buying the Welsh trilogy, the Eleanor trilogy and "Sunne in Splendour", which are all now patiently waiting their reading turn! Some of her books are quite hard to get copies of in the UK (decent copies anyway).
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Wed February 23rd, 2011, 6:36 pm

Lionheart is now available on Amazon US for pre-order. Release date is October 4th. No summary, but does it matter??!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed February 23rd, 2011, 7:23 pm

[quote=""Tanzanite""]Lionheart is now available on Amazon US for pre-order. Release date is October 4th. No summary, but does it matter??![/quote]

Not at all ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed February 23rd, 2011, 8:13 pm

It makes me giddy just thinking about it!!!! Although I was happier when SKP thought it would be released in August. *sigh* better October than 2013!!
Brenna

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed February 23rd, 2011, 8:29 pm

We might have to start an Is it October yet chant very soon :p
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

sharon
Reader

Lionheart Book Tour

Post by sharon » Fri August 19th, 2011, 1:11 pm

I am not sure if it would be proper Net Etiquette to post my Lionheart Book Tour Itinerary here, so I am erring on the side of caution and saying only that it is up on my current blog, Devil's Brood Book Giveaway, as well as on my personal and Fan Club Facebook pages. If I can be assured, it would be okay to post it here, too, I will do so. I love to meet readers, so I am hoping that if any of you live near the target cities, you'll be able to stop by. Thanks!

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Fri August 19th, 2011, 1:27 pm

[quote=""sharon""]I am not sure if it would be proper Net Etiquette to post my Lionheart Book Tour Itinerary here, so I am erring on the side of caution and saying only that it is up on my current blog, Devil's Brood Book Giveaway, as well as on my personal and Fan Club Facebook pages. If I can be assured, it would be okay to post it here, too, I will do so. I love to meet readers, so I am hoping that if any of you live near the target cities, you'll be able to stop by. Thanks![/quote]

Feel free to post it in the Author Announcements section.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Fri August 19th, 2011, 3:47 pm

I am almost at the end of When Christ and All His Saints Slept - well page 600 out of 800 and this is definitely not my period of history.

But I have one very important question (and I can't look him up in the DNB because he wasn't British) -- was Geoffrey of Anjou really that bad?

I am not trying to incite an argument here. I just want to known whether there was another side.

PS: it is such a great title for a novel.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Fri August 19th, 2011, 4:55 pm

I didn't think so, until I read EC's Lady of the English. Now I have a whole new perspective and it ain't good!
Brenna

Return to “Sharon Penman”