Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How many blogs do you have?

Divia
Bibliomaniac

How many blogs do you have?

Post by Divia » Fri November 28th, 2008, 2:43 pm

I was pondering last night that maybe I should start a Young Adult blog that focuses on Historical Fiction. I already have a YA blog that has all types of fiction that I review. But I was wondering if I should focus on HF since it takes two things I really love. Ya books and historical fiction.

Does anyone here have two or more blogs where they review books? Do you think this is doable? Or am I just crazy?
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Fri November 28th, 2008, 3:24 pm

I at one time had my regular blog, a Jean Plaidy blog, and a Richard III blog and found that I couldn't keep all three up and work on my novel at the same time. So I stick to the regular blog these days, though sometimes if I post something on the main blog that fits in with one of the other blogs, I'll do a duplicate post.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Fri November 28th, 2008, 4:09 pm

*points to sig*

Just that one.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri November 28th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Well, I have two of my own, but I am in the process of merging the two of them so that I only have one. Then there is Historical Tapestry which is a group blog, and then there are several challenge blogs that I can post to whenever I write a review that fits the challenge. So I guess you could say that I have a few!

It is definitely doable.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri November 28th, 2008, 8:17 pm

hmmm. A group one might be interesting.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Fri November 28th, 2008, 11:52 pm

I have my personal blog, the one I do about being an Anglophile and a general book review blog which I share with my friend. Sharing one with one more more people takes a lot of the pressure off, I find.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat November 29th, 2008, 12:19 am

[quote=""Rowan""]I have my personal blog, the one I do about being an Anglophile and a general book review blog which I share with my friend. Sharing one with one more more people takes a lot of the pressure off, I find.[/quote]

As long as everyone in the group does their share. It can cause issues if they don't.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Chat”