Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Where is your favorite webcam? Post the link here

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Where is your favorite webcam? Post the link here

Post by Misfit » Sat October 18th, 2008, 3:54 pm

There are so many cool webcams out there these days and its such a wonderful way to see the world from your computer I thought I'd post a couple of favorites and see if anyone else have links they'd like to share.
  1. The webcams at the top of Mauna Kea Big Island Hawaii. Snow in the winter and the sunsets and sunrises are awesome. Click on any thumbnail for more info and larger pic.
  2. A Day at the Summit CFHT Telescope Mauna Kea Hawaii
I was going to share links to the webcams for Mount Rainier and Mount Saint Helens but they seem to be undergoing maintenance.

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Sat October 18th, 2008, 4:02 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]I was going to share links to the webcams for Mount Rainier and Mount Saint Helens but they seem to be undergoing maintenance.[/quote]

Those are two places I've actually visited. Webcams from there would be fantastic! Please do post the links when the sites are up again.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat October 18th, 2008, 5:37 pm

I'll keep an eye out. Although not a webcam, here'sa site I completely forgot about. You need Quicktime player but otherwise it's a grand way to see the west (they've added new states since I last visited. Utah (do go see southern Utah its gorgeous) and others. More time suck. Each panorama is taken from one spot and they do a full circle view. Excellent one from above Paradise at Mount Rainier. Look closely the eagle eyed can spot Mount Adams and Mount Hood in the distance.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat October 18th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Every now and again I will look at webcams in London and places like that but I haven't really got a favourite that I spend a lot of time on.

Kind of related, but kind of not, has everyone checked out their house etc on Google Streetview? My house isn't shown directly because I live in a cul-de-sac, but on the one for my sister you can see that her garage door is up and there is someone in the garage. If you then move back along the adjacent street the garage door is closed.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat October 18th, 2008, 9:49 pm

I've played with google maps, kinda spooky isn't it, although they're not real time. I look at my condo and I can tell from the neighbor's car that its a few years old.

What's fun with the satellite images is looking at terrain in different countries, the mountains from up above etc. Try Tuscon Arizona and search airplane graveyard -- they let you look at that up close and personal.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Re: Where is your favorite webcam? Post the link here

Post by Misfit » Sun May 1st, 2016, 4:43 pm

This is a must watch. Eagles and their pair of eaglets. http://dceaglecam.org/
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Chat”