Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Historical Novel Society Conference 2013

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed July 3rd, 2013, 3:58 am

And for those of us who are never going to get to an HNS conference, Sarah J has kindly told us all about it on her Reading the Past blog- thanks, Sarah :)

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Wed July 3rd, 2013, 8:12 pm

Hi Annis! Glad you liked the writeup - which was pounded out in a hurry on the night before leaving for another conference. I'm just back today and ready to collapse.

The folks belonging to the HNS Sydney Chapter have been discussing the possibilities of an event a bit closer to your neck of the woods, Annis :)

HevRob
Scribbler

Post by HevRob » Sat July 6th, 2013, 11:27 am

How did the conference go? I didn't realise such a thing existed...my I've a lot to learn!!

DanielAWillis
Reader

Conference was great

Post by DanielAWillis » Sat July 6th, 2013, 2:16 pm

[quote=""HevRob""]How did the conference go? I didn't realise such a thing existed...my I've a lot to learn!![/quote]

Feel free to read about it on my blog.
Daniel A. Willis
Author: Chronicle of the Mages series
www.DanielAWillis.com

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat July 6th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Posted by Ariadne
The folks belonging to the HNS Sydney Chapter have been discussing the possibilities of an event a bit closer to your neck of the woods, Annis
I'm a bit slow - hadn't noticed that the HNS had a thriving Australian branch! Though there has been a lot of excellent HF coming out of Oz lately. I'm just enjoying Elisabeth Storrs' Golden Dice, sequel to Wedding Shroud, which I loved. I was also recently much impressed by Hannah Kent's evocative Burial Rites. I've posted a link to my review of BR on this forum here:
http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... php?t=6310

Unfortunately health issues mean travelling has become difficult for me, so even Sydney would probably be a step too far. Happily, access to the internet still leaves the world open to me :)
Last edited by annis on Sat July 6th, 2013, 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Chat”