Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Live kitten cam

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Live kitten cam

Post by Misfit » Sat November 17th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Oh this is so fun and way too much time suck. The camera is set up in a home that is fostering kittens (and mom) for the shelter I got Starla from.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue November 20th, 2012, 12:42 am

Misfit, TOO adorable! I have a coworker badly addicted, I fear ... :D
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue November 20th, 2012, 1:04 am

[quote=""DianeL""]Misfit, TOO adorable! I have a coworker badly addicted, I fear ... :D [/quote]

It will be sad when they are adopted out and the show is over. I was in heaven when mom kitty parked right in front of the camera and proceeded to nurse them.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Tue November 20th, 2012, 4:50 pm

It's brilliant Misfit, thanks for posting!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon December 10th, 2012, 8:31 pm

FYI, the Spice Kittens were adopted off on Saturday. At least two went to the same home, and that *parent* has set up a FB page for them so folks can follow (don't have the link handy). Foster dad John has put up a video on the page of their last 24 hours before adoption event. He'll be back with more live video with the next batch of foster kittens he gets.

Speaking of pet shelters, the shelter John works for is the shelter Starla came from and I follow that shelter's post on FB. I was very saddened to see mention of a cat found wandering around homeless that was traced back to Purrfect Pets. They say the called the person who adopted that cat from them a couple of years ago and he/she told them he/she had no interest in the cat anymore, so just cut it lose. Apparently this happens quite often :( :mad:

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue December 11th, 2012, 12:12 am

I can't even fathom the soullessness of someone who can do that.

Misfit, my friend whom I badly addicted to that cam for a few days has just brought home a darling boy from the local SPCA. He is happy and healthy at five months, but at three months he was hit by a car. I understand he's quite heartbreakingly sweet. From the photo I've seen he's very handsome.

My own little Gossamer and I have been having a meeting of the minds; he has been a little neglected since Penelope came along, so I'm trying to give him special time too. Gosh, he's such a NICE little cat.

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue December 11th, 2012, 2:59 pm

From following this shelter on Facebook, situations like this are very common. I understand life changes things and perhaps one can't keep a pet, but come on - surrender it to a no-kill shelter and don't leave a domesticated animal out wandering the streets. Grrrr.

I wish I could take in one or two more, but I don't think Starla would be happy, and she's had too many years in shelter and deserves all the happiness she can get.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue December 11th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Knowing your limits is as humane as rescuing animals in the first place. When I first brought Gossamer home, I actually adopted two kittens, but I realized that if I wanted a dog (and I did!) I could not have THREE animals and do justice to all of them. It was sad, but I brought one of the kittens back to the SPCA. When I did go later, looking for dogs, I was told that little guy got SNAPPED up fast. He was a sweetheart, but he wasn't my cat.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue December 11th, 2012, 11:53 pm

You want to bring them all home, but when you (or I do), we have to give them the time and attention they need. Poor Starla's been ignored all afternoon while I've been struggling with cable/internet/wireless issues.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun January 13th, 2013, 5:50 pm

Foster dad John has a new batch of babies.

Return to “Chat”