Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Live kitten cam

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat June 1st, 2013, 2:20 pm

BTW, there's a new batch of kittens in town on the live cam. They're just starting to get seriously floofy.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sat June 1st, 2013, 5:30 pm

Misfit, you are evil. I like that about you.

Having a harder time nose-nuzzling the Gossy boy these days - it's shedding season and how! :)

(I'm lucky with Penelope, she doesn't seem to shed like my late beloved Sidney did, nor like her wee grey brother Gossamer does.) Some recent pics since I'm too lazy to find the Pet Pics thread ...
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat June 1st, 2013, 9:20 pm

[quote=""DianeL""]Misfit, you are evil. I like that about you.

Having a harder time nose-nuzzling the Gossy boy these days - it's shedding season and how! :)

(I'm lucky with Penelope, she doesn't seem to shed like my late beloved Sidney did, nor like her wee grey brother Gossamer does.) Some recent pics since I'm too lazy to find the Pet Pics thread ...[/quote]

I'm a mean 'un, for sure :o

Looks like your fur babies are getting along nicely.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sun June 2nd, 2013, 5:23 pm

My little pack do seem to be thriving, I'm so grateful for them and just love 'em to pieces.

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon June 3rd, 2013, 8:36 am

Diane, those pics are lovely. Hope Penny doesn't get her head stuck in that chair if she gets any bigger! She looks a bit guilty in the first pic though...like she's been caught sneaking around.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Mon June 3rd, 2013, 3:38 pm

The live kitten cam reminded me of a video I had seen a couple of years ago and looked up again. Welcome to the Popcorn Kittens as they react to being on a plastic tarp for the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDABjGGeZzM
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon June 3rd, 2013, 4:28 pm

[quote=""fljustice""]The live kitten cam reminded me of a video I had seen a couple of years ago and looked up again. Welcome to the Popcorn Kittens as they react to being on a plastic tarp for the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDABjGGeZzM[/quote]

Damn. No Youtube at work. Most impatiently wait... :(

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon June 3rd, 2013, 11:42 pm

Madeleine - hee, actually, the opening is probably a good 24" wide and 16" high, so she should be okay.

Dying of the popcorn kits. *Squee*

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon June 3rd, 2013, 11:55 pm

The popcorn kittens are adorable! Thanks for sharing.

**scurries off to FB**

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed July 31st, 2013, 7:13 pm

New batch of fur babies on the live cam this week. Lots of wonderful stories from the adoption of the last batch. After the Saturday event, two of them were still without homes, Tory and Grant. Grant was the brown tabby and the runt of the litter and always behind, but he kept on fighting - even diagnosed with a heart murmur. The pair was sent off to one of the adoption centers at Petsmart, and I hear there was a line for first come, first served to adopt them. Lady at the front could only take one of the pair, but when she heard the couple behind them wanted to take both, she stepped aside.

*sniff*

They went to a home with an older married couple, and there are three adult cats in the home. From the updates of the FB page they set up, the kids are doing marvelously and everyone is good friends. There's even this cool kitty walk thing for safe outdoor experience. Link to ogle the ideas here.

Return to “Chat”