Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

More banking problems

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

More banking problems

Post by Misfit » Mon October 6th, 2008, 3:09 pm

Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on Northern Rock in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.

Japan

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Mon October 6th, 2008, 3:16 pm

Love it!! Just read it out here and we had a good laugh...

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon October 6th, 2008, 6:26 pm

I'm not shocked by this and others will go down do. Reality is that we are a global eco. If someone takes a hit (this time America) the others are gonna take em too. People are finally saying we are in a recession. Hmmm. How long before we hit a depression?

And frankly I dont want to be the next person elected prez. It won't matter if they bring world peace if people are losing their jobs and the eco is bad. I think whoever is elected will be a one termer. I could be wrong, but if people are saying it will take YEARS for us to get out of this mess then I can easily see that happening. People are quick to blame the prez who is in office.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Mon October 6th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Hah Hah Misfit!
You had me going for the first couple of lines!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon October 6th, 2008, 7:48 pm

I did the same thing when I started reading it until I got to Karaoke bank. We'll have to get Divia back here to read it again..... :p

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon October 6th, 2008, 7:56 pm

ohhh I see. hmmm. Well, since I'm will I say nyquil screwed with my brain. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it! :cool:
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Mon October 6th, 2008, 8:07 pm

That got a laugh out of hubby! Which is pretty good on a day when much of our retirement stocks are tanking.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon October 6th, 2008, 8:09 pm

[quote=""MLE""]That got a laugh out of hubby! Which is pretty good on a day when much of our retirement stocks are tanking.[/quote]

I can't bear to look at it and still wishing I had sold my Nordstrom stock months ago. Oh well, its in the IRA I have a few years left :) :o

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon October 6th, 2008, 8:10 pm

[quote=""Divia""]ohhh I see. hmmm. Well, since I'm will I say nyquil screwed with my brain. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it! :cool: [/quote]

Good excuse I'll buy it.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue October 7th, 2008, 11:31 am

Thank you Misfit! We have just had a big laugh!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Return to “Chat”