Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2012 London Olympics

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat August 11th, 2012, 9:43 am

I've enjoyed seeing the Brits enjoy their Olympics- really cool to see people having fun and getting into the spirit of the event, and the British athletes playing out of their skins :) Must admit I'm getting a bit over the "Chariots of Fire" theme music, though I did have a good laugh at the Rowan Atkinson COF skit during the opening ceremony.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sat August 11th, 2012, 10:27 am

I know! They keep playing it on the radio, too. I shall be humming it in my sleep. LOL.

I'm very pleased Team GB have done so well, especially as we're a small country. The weather has been kind, too. The sailing events in Weymouth have been very picturesque with beautiful blue skies. I love the equestrian dressage events. And love the painting of the post boxes gold in towns where there has been a gold medallist.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”