Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Now here's a Princess dress I really do like

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat June 11th, 2011, 9:14 pm

On another note, is it me or is the dress Laura Bailey is wearing totally see-through?! Good thing her hands and purse are positioned where they are!
By golly, I think you're right.

At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun June 12th, 2011, 2:02 am

[quote=""Misfit""]By golly, I think you're right.

Image[/quote]

O_O I wonder what it looks like without the strategically placed hands and purse!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun June 12th, 2011, 2:41 am

I know I'm an old fuddy-duddy, but can some one please tell me if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing why would she do that?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun June 12th, 2011, 3:25 am

Ten to one there's something swimsuit-like under the dress. The hands and purse are there to hide it, so you will think there isn't anything, just to be provocative.

Please note that she doesn't appear to have any navel--and undergarment is over it.

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Sun June 12th, 2011, 3:52 am

[quote=""Misfit""]why would she do that?[/quote] For attention, plain and simple.

You can see her panties through the dress -- so at least she did have something on underneath. Hopefully the panties were opaque enough to cover *cough* ...... Utterly disgusting, IMO.
Last edited by Michy on Sun June 12th, 2011, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Sun June 12th, 2011, 6:07 am

I think there's some sort of body-stocking under there. Or maybe she is trying to do for knickers what Madonna did for the Wonder-Bra. But you have to have a decent set of legs to get aways with it.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Mythica
Bibliophile
Preferred HF: European and American (mostly pre-20th century)

Post by Mythica » Sun June 12th, 2011, 9:15 am

[quote=""Divia""]I don't watch celeberty shows or anything like that so I wouldn't know if they do close ups of shoes. If so its weird.[/quote]

I don't think it's any different than anaylzing the dress. Accessories complete the outfit so it makes sense that people interested in the clothes would be interested in the shoes, purses and jewelry too.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sun June 12th, 2011, 11:32 am

Kate, thumbs up. Holly whatever her name is, thumbs down.

BrianPK
Reader

Post by BrianPK » Sun June 12th, 2011, 5:04 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]
Image[/quote]

Thank goodness it's Laura Bailey who decided to "dress" like this and not Kate Winslett.I just wouldn't have been able for it. At least Laura seems to have an extremely slim but natural figure whereas Kate (to my eyes) seems semi- anorexic. Now if Kate is naturally skinny,fair enough but I have deep suspicions that she's been living on lettuce leaves for the past six months to "look good" for her new life in front of the cameras. I saw a shot of her a few weeks ago in a short skirt and her thighs seem to be not much thicker than her knees.I don't think that's right and is sending out a very disturbing image to impressionable young girls. I also think that if she doesn't put a little weight on her face it will collapse into wrinkles before she's forty . . . but what the hell do I know about these things as I married a deliciously plumpish young girl many years ago. :D

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun June 12th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Who exactly is this Laura Bailey person?! I know, I know, I can google her, but I'm lazy, LOL!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Return to “Chat”