Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Most Amusing Thing Today

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun April 24th, 2011, 10:27 am

I'm sure the Queen would have been amused, Brian - she has a good sense of humour!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Sun May 15th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Our stupid dog is barking - one of the cats has taken up squatter's rights in his basket!!!!!! She's just giving him a superior look and doesn't look as if she's going move out any time soon. :D

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon May 16th, 2011, 8:40 pm

The most amusing thing today by far is an unexpected federal tax refund for $1.36.

Luxury vacation here I come. :D

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Mon May 16th, 2011, 8:42 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]The most amusing thing today by far is an unexpected federal tax refund for $1.36.

Luxury vacation here I come. :D [/quote]

Man you could take the whole forum out to dinner on that!!! :D :D :D

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Thu June 23rd, 2011, 11:48 am

I had to laugh when I saw this in the news today. Obviously not a lot of stuffing between the council parish workers' ears!!! What were they thinking of when they were building the fence?

BrianPK
Reader

Post by BrianPK » Thu June 23rd, 2011, 10:34 pm

There are times when comment is superfluous and you can only shake your head with wonder.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Fri June 24th, 2011, 7:28 am

I like the comment that said they should've gone to Specsavers! LOL.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Sun October 30th, 2011, 11:56 am

I've just seen someone walking a goat! Makes a change from a dog, I suppose, although the phrase 'I'm going to see a man about a goat' doesn't have the same ring to it. LOL.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue November 1st, 2011, 10:17 pm

I don't know, I rather like it Vanessa!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed November 2nd, 2011, 2:29 am

LOL SM & the "Creepy-Ass Dolls"...They reminded me of a few years ago when my neighbour was going away on 2 weeks holiday and she left her house key with me and asked me to go in and leave the lights on for a few hours eacn night so it looked like someone was home.

What I didn't expect was to see every room completely taken over by dolls :eek: some of which looked really creepy :eek: and as I switched on lights my friend asked me why I kept looking over my shoulder and my pat reply was.....

'I'm looking out for CHUCKY!!!' :eek: That cracked her up! :D ...I still remember those dolls one of which looked liked Bette Davis in 'Whatever happened to Baby Jane.' :eek: :D

Bec :)

Return to “Chat”