Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Help Me Understand Amazon!!

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Help Me Understand Amazon!!

Post by Rowan » Mon September 15th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Okay I ordered one book last Wednesday, 10 September and today looked at the order in the hopes of finding a tracking number so I'd know when to pop over to my post office to check my box. To my utter surprise, they show a shipping range of 26 September to 6 October. I didn't think it might not be available. :confused: :(

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon September 15th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Did you check free shipping?

Sometimes when you do that it does take longer.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Tue September 16th, 2008, 8:26 am

Their shipping arrival dates have been really weird for awhile now. I bought a DVD in August, yet it said on the order form I'd get it on September 29th. I got it on August 30th.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.

Post by Rowan » Tue September 16th, 2008, 12:48 pm

I didn't check free shipping cos my order was too small.

It just seems rather ridiculous for me to have ordered a book that is available only to have to wait that long for it to even ship.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Tue September 16th, 2008, 9:47 pm

I agree.

There were a few times when it said it would ship on the 6th for example and I would actually get it on the 6th :confused: Sometimes those things happen.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed September 17th, 2008, 3:53 am

Amazon does have some very strange shipping policies. You may want to see if the book is a new release, or you placed a pre-order -- great if you don't mind a bit of a wait, but at least it ensures that the book will get there pretty much the same time as the bookstores have it.

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Wed September 17th, 2008, 2:04 pm

I canceled a book coming from Canada that I ordered the beginning of this month because Amazon said it would be delivered between October 20-November 26! Um no. The seller wasn't entirely happy with me tho - said that he could have gotten the book there this month, that Amazon puts those dates in willy nilly. I wouldn't be surprised.

Rowan
Bibliophile

Post by Rowan » Wed September 17th, 2008, 2:19 pm

Well, now I see that you can't add more items once the order is placed, despite the first items not shipping. No big deal, but they could change that bit. *shrugs*

I managed to find the map I was seeking here on Amazon US (the last place I thought to look of course) and had hoped to add it to the previous order since it hadn't shipped and hopefully save some money. The transaction for the map has already hit my card, but not the book.

No, it's not a new book or anything I've pre-ordered. It's one of the Horrible Histories books I mentioned in a thread on the old site.

I don't think I will be ordering from Amazon again unless absolutely necessary.

Rowan
Bibliophile

Post by Rowan » Thu September 18th, 2008, 1:27 pm

This morning I checked my email when I got to work and have an email stating the first book that I ordered has shipped. Very confusing, Amazon.

Return to “Chat”