Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Thu September 11th, 2008, 10:00 am

I didn't, actually. I only noticed it had swollen up again on my way home.

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Tue September 16th, 2008, 10:46 am

I left my phone in my pocket and mum washed the pants, so it's broken. :( Ah, bloody hell.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue September 16th, 2008, 11:13 am

[quote=""Alaric""]I left my phone in my pocket and mum washed the pants, so it's broken. :( Ah, bloody hell.[/quote]

Take it to Digimob in the city. They did a great job on my daughters when it wen for a swim in the sea...
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue September 16th, 2008, 10:39 pm

New mediciation I took last night combined with the Ambien I take to help me sleep because of the problem I'm taking the new medication for tends to keep me up at night, combined to make me really tired today, so I slept most of the afternoon.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Wed September 17th, 2008, 4:35 am

Yesterday I was waiting in a government office for so long I got a parking fine. It was all to do with mums visa.

Now go to Best thing.....

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed September 17th, 2008, 11:19 am

I have to go to work. I hate my new job. HATE IT. I cant stand working with the little kids. :(
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Wed September 17th, 2008, 3:40 pm

I have one of my horrible sore throats where I feel like someone has taken a cheese grater and shoved it up and down the back of my mouth.

I was meant to be giving a two-hour training session at work today but I had to cancel.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Wed September 17th, 2008, 4:00 pm

[quote=""Alaric""]I left my phone in my pocket and mum washed the pants, so it's broken. :( Ah, bloody hell.[/quote]

Yeah, a trip through a wash cycle is a cell phone killer! I did it in July, but now I have a new and very groovy purple Motorola phone. Downside, it cost $100 to replace. I'm being very careful to keep it dry now.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 6:37 am

Its time to make the costumes for the childrens dance production. I will be making 3 outfits for Bex, and 1 for Nathan. Nathans is the simplest of all. I mucked it up. It is a vest top in lycra. My son has a bit of a tum. Lycra in not forgiving to it and needs to me to be bigger. Not enough material left to do another one.

**** and *****! (insert expletives of own choice, I did.)

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue September 23rd, 2008, 4:50 pm

Got back from our walk with the dogs this morning to find two strange dogs in our back yard! So while my two are barking and growling at this invasion of their territory, these other two (a black lab and a large shepherd/doberman mix) are snarling and slavering through the fence and it looked like it was going to be a free-for-all. I trapped mine in the truck, but by now the strangers were frightened and feeling very aggressive. It took half an hour to shoo them through the gate, and J just narrowly missed getting bit.

He went off to work in something of a bad mood. Myself, feeling more on the grateful side. Could have been much worse.

Return to “Chat”