Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Sat November 12th, 2011, 4:27 pm

"Brenna" wrote:Diane-thank you so much for that. Such a positive way to look at this whole situation. Our dear co-worker passed away about an hour ago. I'm so thankful I was able to see her this afternoon and relieved her pain is now gone.

Brenna, I am glad it was helpful - was a little afraid it might not be a good thing to say. Peace be with you, and her family as well.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Mon November 14th, 2011, 11:33 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker, Brenna :( It does make me sad to hear that someone so young has died. I agree with Diane, laughter when thinking of loved one's is also healing.

Hugs to you and prayers to her family.

Bec :)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Illumination of Ursula Flight by AM Crowhurst & An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena(Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Tue November 15th, 2011, 9:58 am

Sorry to learn the very sad news about your colleague, Brenna. Hugs.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Wed November 16th, 2011, 4:25 pm

Thanks everyone. We also found out that another co-worker was admitted to the ICU with a ruptured aneurysm. She is in stable condition but the doctors can't find where the bleeding is coming from. Things have been very somber here and I've been in a funk myself. I haven't even really wanted to post on here very much, which says something because I look forward to checking in. Need to get out of funk asap.
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed November 16th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Oh Brenna! You need to go rent a ridiculously funny movie. So much tragedy going on. You need a break from it.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Postby rebecca » Thu November 17th, 2011, 4:22 am

"LoveHistory" wrote:Oh Brenna! You need to go rent a ridiculously funny movie. So much tragedy going on. You need a break from it.

I agree. When things start piling up like this one thing after another, you really do need to laugh, hence I have ordered 'Bridesmaids' to watch this weekend. I need a good laugh. Have you ever seen 'Mrs Doubtfire' it's an oldie but a goodie?

Bec :)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Illumination of Ursula Flight by AM Crowhurst & An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena(Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Thu November 17th, 2011, 9:50 am

Oh, blimey, Brenna. It never rains but it pours! At least your friend is in hospital so hopefully they will be able to locate it very soon. Aneurysms are very dangerous.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Postby LoobyG » Thu November 17th, 2011, 11:39 am

So sorry to hear that Brenna, bad things always seem to bring their friends along :( A funny film is an ideal prescription, when I'm going through bad times I can't always focus on a book. Hope things get better x

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Thu November 17th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Thanks everyone. I thought today I had turned the bend and was getting out of the funk. Then my car wouldn't start again. I missed yet another work meeting. Car, got towed again.
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sat November 19th, 2011, 3:36 am

Brenna, have you considered the possibility that your workplace might be cursed?

Return to “Chat”