Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue March 6th, 2012, 11:55 pm

MLE, my prayers too are with you and yours - and for this system too. May you get the best from it for your son. I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties both with his care and his wellbeing.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

bevgray
Reader

Post by bevgray » Wed March 7th, 2012, 12:28 pm

MLE, it sounds like you're going through a tough patch. I'll hold you in my prayers too.
Beverly C. Gray
Army Brat and Lover of Historical Fiction
Guests are always welcome at my Web Site

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon March 12th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Had another horrid run in with my boss. Wish the economy would rebound so I could find another job except I love my job, despise my boss. Grrrrrr.......
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue March 13th, 2012, 10:47 pm

Brenna, with improving economical news - maybe if things get better your BOSS could go somewhere else! Leaving you with your job you love, and maybe promotion to their desk. Heh.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed March 14th, 2012, 12:49 pm

[quote=""DianeL""]Brenna, with improving economical news - maybe if things get better your BOSS could go somewhere else! Leaving you with your job you love, and maybe promotion to their desk. Heh.[/quote]

I was hoping our new E.D would notice how horrid she is and give her the boot. Don't think that will happen. If only I could answer directly to him rather than her...oh well!
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri March 16th, 2012, 2:10 am

Husband is sick with some dread virus. Nasty fever, body aches and nausea. Could be the same thing the kids had recently but they had normal temperatures. Hoping he feels better in the morning. Long day.

lauragill
Avid Reader

Post by lauragill » Fri March 16th, 2012, 2:17 am

Don't feel well at all tonight. Hurt all day, slight cough. Managed to write only 50 words of Orestes: The High King. At least I've established that Orestes isn't impressed by Helen's looks.
Last edited by lauragill on Fri March 16th, 2012, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: na

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri March 16th, 2012, 11:46 am

Hope everyone feels better soon!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Fri March 16th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Wow-Hope everyone is on the mend quickly. I think this freaky weather has everybody's bodies up in arms!
Brenna

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri March 16th, 2012, 9:10 pm

It sounds like the same sickness is going around my school. My friends kid was sick today with the same stuff.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Return to “Chat”