Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon November 21st, 2011, 7:50 pm

LoveHistory, I think all of us at work are now considering the possibility this place could be cursed. Seriously!

On another note, my co-worker who was admitted on the 11th is doing much better and is expected to go home today. I am headed to my parent's house for Thanksgiving tonight although I'll still be "working" tomorrow.
Brenna

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon November 21st, 2011, 8:14 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]LoveHistory, I think all of us at work are now considering the possibility this place could be cursed. Seriously![/quote]

Maybe you should have someone come in to bless it, priest, shaman, what have you.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon November 28th, 2011, 8:01 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support as I've been going through a bit of an emotional roller coaster with work. Things are better and a certain kind of peace has come over the place. I'm crossing my fingers that we've all learned some important lessons.
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue November 29th, 2011, 3:58 am

Glad to hear it, Brenna!

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Wed December 7th, 2011, 1:04 am

Brenna, I've been off the map, but do hope all is well with you and the rest of the holiday season, and year, will be peaceful and joyous for you and yours.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Sat December 10th, 2011, 6:05 pm

I'm so upset. One of my feral cats has gone missing. She's very friendly with me (she won't eat until she's jumped into my arms and we do a tour of the garden), but no one else. She lives in a shelter in my back yard and is always waiting for breakfast and a treat after dinner. I haven't seen her for three days.

Today I got a notice from the feral cat database that a cat was brought into the animal shelter, from my block, with such serious injuries, they had to put it down. Inky is a black, eartipped, spayed female (I thought), about five years old. They described this cat as black, eartipped, neutered male about two years old and it came in the day Inky went missing. They didn't take a photo because the injuries were so horrific. The discrepancies should give me a small sliver of hope, but it's just not like Inky to be gone for days. One of her siblings comes and goes, but Inky has always been there. I have this awful feeling that my lovely sweet girl died a painful death with impersonal strangers.

Can't stop crying and tonight I'm having company for dinner. Don't feel like making bright small talk. Sorry to dump on you guys, but I know there are lots of pet lovers here and you'd understand.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat December 10th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Oh Faith, I do hope it's a mix up and all will be well.

*fingers crossed*
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun December 11th, 2011, 11:20 am

Sorry to hear about your cat going missing, Faith. I do hope she turns up safe and well. They do sometimes go on their travels and return a few days later. More often than not they have a second home. She's not locked in anywhere?
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sun December 11th, 2011, 5:34 pm

I'm very sorry Faith. I hope that they just had a cat with similar markings.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sun December 11th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Oh Faith, how upsetting - I hope your evening was okay, and maybe your friends helped you feel better. Will you contact the shelter? Please let us know.

I am so sorry; animal pain always makes me need to love on The Lolly girl. I'll give her a scritch for Inky (and won't tell her it's for a cat ...).
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Return to “Chat”