Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed January 14th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Sorry about your loss, Terri. Try to make time in the grieving process to rehearse all the good memories!
My mom is 93, and the last survivor of our (including the dh's family) parents. Every year I brace myself for another funeral.

TerriPray
Reader

Post by TerriPray » Thu January 15th, 2009, 12:00 am

It's finally starting to hit me.

I had to write something for the service, and the poem I ended up writing has started to hammer a crack in the walls.

thank you ...

Terri
Currently reading through submissions ranging from alternative history to science fiction and fantasy.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu January 15th, 2009, 12:28 am

Praying for you Terri. I'm down to one grandparent.

MLE, have read one or two of Temple Grandin's books. More of them are on my Amazon wishlist. As are a number of other books by various people on the spectrum and off of it. The library is running some down for me.

We're in a rough patch of lack of resources. Until the boys' slots come up for the waiver program (State-run, pays for intensive therapy) we can't really work with the people we're going to use for that (our respite care funding is tied into that as well). The psychiatrist is mainly looking at the medicaiton aspect, and had predicted this could happen. But Ben's teacher is coming out to our house this Friday to help us. That's one of the good things about the middle-of-nowhere-Wisconsin: great school district for special needs.

School's been cancelled for tomorrow due to dangerous cold and even more dangerous wind chills. It will be a long day.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu January 15th, 2009, 12:39 am

Terri, I am very sorry for your loss and hope all goes well during this difficult time.

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Thu January 15th, 2009, 3:16 am

Too hot! 42C at the moment. We have had the air con of for 36 hours. I hope there is a storm brewing somewhere!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu January 15th, 2009, 3:50 am

Terri I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Thu January 15th, 2009, 6:45 am

My condolences Terri !

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu January 15th, 2009, 6:58 am

Thoughts are with you Terri.

hugs
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu January 15th, 2009, 3:03 pm

[quote=""Amanda""]Too hot! 42C at the moment. We have had the air con of for 36 hours. I hope there is a storm brewing somewhere![/quote]

LOL, it's always fun to hear someone complaining about the temps at C instead of F -- had to do a double take for a minute :) :o

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu January 15th, 2009, 7:17 pm

Our landlady is having our roof reroofed and it's going to be a noisy 5 to 6 days from morning to about 5 while they are doing it :P I imagine my nap times are going to be very hard to take. :P

And it's driving poor Jasper up the walls!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Return to “Chat”