Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

The Worst Thing Today

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue August 26th, 2008, 3:31 pm

I have to go to a Urologist in Seattle and the times between waiting for buses and ferries and in between times are long and it's going to be a long annoying day. I also found out I may have to pay at least %20 of the cost of my appointment, we'll see, sigh!

SM

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Tue August 26th, 2008, 3:39 pm

Sorry to hear about the transportation and expense woes, but hope the visit brings solutions to problems. Honestly, your day around the city sounds worse than dealing with airports.

medievalnovels
Scribbler

Post by medievalnovels » Tue August 26th, 2008, 3:45 pm

And since I live in the Seattle area, I know the biggest pitfall.. if your ferry is late coming back to Vashon, you will miss the bus.. and the next one is in two hours.
Cordially,

Nan Hawthorne
medieval-novels.com
Over 1200 novels and movies set between 400 & 1600 AD
[url]http://www.medieval-novels.com;[/url])

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Tue August 26th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Worst thing today was the a/c breaking in my part of the office. I'm roasting. :(

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue August 26th, 2008, 11:25 pm

[quote=""shield-wall""]And since I live in the Seattle area, I know the biggest pitfall.. if your ferry is late coming back to Vashon, you will miss the bus.. and the next one is in two hours.[/quote]

Well it didn't go so bad with wait times as I thought it would!

We got downtown, found the 12 to Swedish fast, waited in the doctor's office for a bit, had my apt, went to Subway, had sandwiches while waited for the 12, went to Walgreens to catch the 54 to the ferry dock, the 3:05 was already in, we made it down the dock on time, and when we were on the other side the 119 that actually goes directly to where I live was there, so we just cancelled the Access Van ride we had for nearly an hour and more after we arrived. It was nice to get home at a decent time!

Nice to have another Washingtonian on the forum, we have a few here.

SM

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue August 26th, 2008, 11:27 pm

I just found out today that because Leanda De Lisle has a book coming out on Jane and her sister's and Eric Ives is planning on one about Jane, that a friend of mine's publisher has cancelled the publication of his book on Jane and he is giving up on it! I've been waiting years for this book to be put out and we get so close and this happens, it's not fair!

: :MAD: :

SM

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Wed August 27th, 2008, 5:04 am

Went to the dentist today.

enough said.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu August 28th, 2008, 4:39 am

Me again. There is a bad cough going round. We have all had it, some of us more than once. I have it again. My throat is sore, my chest aches from coughing, and it is making my head ache. I am opening windows at home to try and blow it through, but so far it is not working. We have had it in the house for nearly a month.

I am now coughing so much I am only just stopping mysellf from vomiting. Not good when out.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Thu August 28th, 2008, 9:32 am

My son has come home from school with a headache, temperature. I just hope that he isn't coming down with the dreaded lurgy again. It is looking like my plans to go out are going to be thwarted again (third time in a row).

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu August 28th, 2008, 10:46 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]My son has come home from school with a headache, temperature. I just hope that he isn't coming down with the dreaded lurgy again. It is looking like my plans to go out are going to be thwarted again (third time in a row).[/quote]

Looks like its your way too.

Just made some hot lemon and honey with real lemons...lets hope that kills the little germies!

Return to “Chat”