Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue July 27th, 2010, 4:44 pm

My damn sinuses! Sometimes I think I'm single handedly keeping Kleenex in business! ;) But seriously, I'm really suffering from them and everything the doctor tries isn't working. Mom picking up another prescribtion today, fingers crossed.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Tue July 27th, 2010, 4:45 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]I'm glad you took care of the kitten, did you keep it once it was better?[/quote]

My dad has a small colony that he feeds. My sister (from California) and I (from New York) have been trying to get him (in Ohio) to do TNR (Trap, Neuter and Return) so his five cats don't turn into twenty-five. Too late. This was a second generation kitten and we later trapped a sibling which had the same problems. Dad is caring for both and reported they were ready to be turned loose. My sis and I are going to pay to get as many spayed and neutered as we can, but since local folks don't fix their outdoor animals, it's probably a losing battle. :(
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Tue July 27th, 2010, 9:11 pm

[quote=""Michy""]I think it must sense that I want to trade it in on a newer model next year, because it has forced me to spend quite a bit of $$$ on it this year. [/quote]

Now it looks like I'm going to need brakes. I SWEAR somehow my car just KNOWS....!! :p

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu July 29th, 2010, 12:00 am

My boys have been getting really difficult to handle lately and my low back is really bad. I spent most of the day icing it and trying (unsuccessfully) to stay off my feet. Pain sucks.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu July 29th, 2010, 8:39 am

Are your boys teenagers, LH? My daughter is and I could scream sometimes!! :rolleyes: She's just horrible!! I can remember the dentist saying when she was little 'She's like a doll with attitude. You will have troubles ahead!' He was so right. Mind you, she did used to sit on the dentist's chair and pretend to zip her mouth up. LOL.

A bad back is not very pleasant. My husband suffers from one and ends up taking all these combinations of tablets which I'm sure aren't good for him. Hope the pain goes away soon.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu July 29th, 2010, 12:53 pm

Thanks, Vanessa. It's a little better today. I'll keep using the ice and the anti-inflammatories.

Two of my boys are autistic. I don't even want to think about them being teenagers. But my oldest (he's has Asperger's, the younger ones are the ones having problems now) will be there soon. He'll start middle school next year, which is frightening.

At least I get a few more years of tiny tot-ness with their sister.

Anna Elliott
Compulsive Reader

Post by Anna Elliott » Thu July 29th, 2010, 2:13 pm

Have you tried a chiropractor, LH? I know opinions on them vary--and there are definitely good and bad out there--but I saw one when I was pregnant with my youngest last year and it made SUCH a difference with back pain, I was 600 times more comfortable than I'd been with her older sister.

Hope you are feeling better soon and that things with the boys get better!

Author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy
new book: Dark Moon of Avalon, coming Sept 14 from Simon &Schuster (Touchstone)

http://www.annaelliottbooks.com

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu July 29th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Anna, we actually have a great chiropractor, but the boys' therapy schedule makes it really tough to fit in an appointment during the summer. I am so looking forward to the first day of school.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu July 29th, 2010, 5:13 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Thanks, Vanessa. It's a little better today. I'll keep using the ice and the anti-inflammatories.

Two of my boys are autistic. I don't even want to think about them being teenagers. But my oldest (he's has Asperger's, the younger ones are the ones having problems now) will be there soon. He'll start middle school next year, which is frightening.

At least I get a few more years of tiny tot-ness with their sister.[/quote]

That must be difficult. I know someone who has two boys who are autistic. I remember her chatting on a local TV programme about it, saying how difficult it is to even go for a meal in a restaurant.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Anna Elliott
Compulsive Reader

Post by Anna Elliott » Thu July 29th, 2010, 10:53 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Anna, we actually have a great chiropractor, but the boys' therapy schedule makes it really tough to fit in an appointment during the summer. I am so looking forward to the first day of school.[/quote]

I can only imagine! I just have the 2 girls, and still I've not had time for an appointment since my younger (11 mos. now) was born.

Still, really hope things get better for you soon, it's soooo much harder coping with kids when you're not feeling well yourself!

Author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy
new book: Dark Moon of Avalon, coming Sept 14 from Simon &Schuster (Touchstone)

http://www.annaelliottbooks.com

Return to “Chat”