Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon June 20th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Well thats a new perspective. I do work and from previous posts, it hasn't been the best place to be me.
Brenna

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue June 21st, 2011, 1:55 am

[quote=""Brenna""]Well thats a new perspective. I do work and from previous posts, it hasn't been the best place to be me.[/quote]

Sorry, hugs!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

DianeL
Bibliophile

No, Seriously - Beans ... ???

Post by DianeL » Fri July 1st, 2011, 10:20 pm

My dogsitter('s daughter?) seems to have given The Lolly a snack of ... something resembling white beans - though I didn't have the stomach, quite literally, to investigate too carefully - on her last day visiting them. Which in turn gave HER a little gastric distress, which had us up at three a.m. today, and which thereafter, during my half day at work, caused her to have issues - naturally, on my mom's persian rug. Oh dearie me.

I'd said, "I rarely let her eat 'human food', and only ever a bit of bread, or real non-processed meat without sauce on it." I can only assume the truly VERY sweet fourteen-year-old girl I am semi accusing here has not had to clean up after this sort of thing before. It's hard to be angry (and certainly not at the poor dog), but this is not what you could call particularly amusing.

*Pleh*
Last edited by DianeL on Fri July 1st, 2011, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sat July 2nd, 2011, 8:32 pm

Us dog-owners have all been there, so I can sympathise! Why is it always the good rug though.......?
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun July 3rd, 2011, 10:33 am

Or the new carpet................... We've had that and can still see the stain.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Post by LoobyG » Sun July 3rd, 2011, 1:40 pm

Leaving my copy of 'The Time of Singing' by EC somewhere, 100 pages from the end, with my favourite bookmark in. Not a terrible, terrible thing, but the worst thing to happen today, better look at buying a new copy...

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sun July 3rd, 2011, 4:33 pm

Vanessa, that she did three years ago on the brand new carpet I'd bought after waiting for a year and a half to afford it. I'd had it less than six months when ... The Incident happened ...

She's such a good girl, I never do blame her. It's always human error!

Today, no Worst Things to add for the thread, though, and I still have 2 more days off this weekend. :)
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Sun July 3rd, 2011, 9:34 pm

It must be the acid which leaves the stain. I've had several goes at it, but to no avail! In fact, I think it's made it worse.

No, I wouldn't blame the animal - they can't help it if they're feeling ill. The only difference between us and them, I suppose, is that we would try to head for the toilet or at least some sort of receptacle!! LOL.

The joy of having pets! :D

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Mon July 4th, 2011, 12:24 am

[quote=""Vanessa""]It must be the acid which leaves the stain. I've had several goes at it, but to no avail! In fact, I think it's made it worse.

No, I wouldn't blame the animal - they can't help it if they're feeling ill. The only difference between us and them, I suppose, is that we would try to head for the toilet or at least some sort of receptacle!! LOL.

The joy of having pets! :D [/quote]

We had a cat who did head for the toilet - or the washbasin, she seemed to consider them interchangeable. At least the washbasin was easy to clean!

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Mon July 4th, 2011, 7:42 am

That's a clever cat! My parents had a cat who used to use the bath's plug hole to relieve himself!!

Return to “Chat”