Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri January 16th, 2009, 12:12 am

OMG the annoying, bossy teacher hasnt brought her kids to the library in like 4 weeks(don't do me any favors!) and she waltzes down a 1/2 hour before her time and asks me if I'm ready for her..I stare at her and then she asks what I'm doing. It ell her and she says no she doesnt want me to do that because she does a big lesson on that and tells me what to do instead. :mad: :mad: :mad:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't do what she wanted me to .....but OMFG!!!!!!!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri January 16th, 2009, 10:11 am

I am tired, and GRUMPY! :mad:
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Fri January 16th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Too cold...

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri January 16th, 2009, 5:23 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]I am tired, and GRUMPY! :mad: [/quote]

Me too! The roofers started not long after 8:30 and I don't get up til at least 9:30, and they are sooooo freaking loud!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

gyrehead
Reader

Post by gyrehead » Fri January 16th, 2009, 6:06 pm

The constant use of the word "miracle" in conjunction with the otherwise wonderful airline event of yesterday. From politicians (who I really don't expect better from) to the journalists. I keep thinking: "I don't think you are using that term correctly no matter what your faith is".

Flip side. Great joke came out of it though.

Gov. Patterson of NY (legally blind horndog who replaced non-vision impaired horndog): "We had a miracle on the Hudson"

Me: "You mean you landed the plane? Because that would BE a miracle".

(okay it got plenty of laughs this morning in the metro offices just two blocks from all the action).

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri January 16th, 2009, 6:07 pm

I was acting my age again recently and really annoyed an online friend by correcting his grammar on his blog. Got a serious set-down. Read it at 4 am, having been up since 3 am with 5 year old, and cried for about an hour. That gave me a monster headache I can't get rid of, and I never got back to bed either. Hopefully that'll be the worst thing all day. But then it's only noon here.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri January 16th, 2009, 7:42 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]I am tired, and GRUMPY! :mad: [/quote]

And this morning I am still tired. The jury is out on the grumpy part, but there's a fair chance. Of course, it is my own fault. I forgot to turn the alarm off and so I was woken at 6am on a Saturday and then I couldn't get back to sleep. Grrr

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri January 16th, 2009, 7:46 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]And this morning I am still tired. The jury is out on the grumpy part, but there's a fair chance. Of course, it is my own fault. I forgot to turn the alarm off and so I was woken at 6am on a Saturday and then I couldn't get back to sleep. Grrr[/quote]

I asked the roofers if maybe they could start at maybe 10am, and they said it would be an inconvenience for them! For them?! How bout us who have to go through pretty much 9+ hours of banging right over our heads! GRR ARGH!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri January 16th, 2009, 7:47 pm

We have a house being built 3 doors down and the workers start at 6.30am everyday with trucks arriving, banging, shouting, the radio going etc, so I am thinking that 8.30am is a pretty reasonable time in comparison.

Edith Wharton

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri January 16th, 2009, 7:49 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]We have a house being built 3 doors down and the workers start at 6.30am everyday with trucks arriving, banging, shouting, the radio going etc, so I am thinking that 8.30am is a pretty reasonable time in comparison.[/quote]

They also have their radio playing outside my room. And I know they were banging right over my bedroom the place I spend most of my day, it's giving me a migraine :(

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Fri January 16th, 2009, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Chat”