Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Thu May 21st, 2009, 8:10 pm

SM -- sending you massive amounts of empathy... And wishing you a migraine-free summer. (that may be tempting fate, of course)
I ended up with one last night but thankfully it had cleared by about noon. So I've only lost 14 hours of my life... Still woozy from drugs, tho.
Would someone kindly invent a migraine cure and save SM and I??? :mad:

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Thu May 21st, 2009, 11:13 pm

SM & Chatterbox - sorry to hear about your migraine problems! I can sympathize as I used to get migraines regularly. I was getting them frequently and then one day at work, it got to the point where I was partially paralyzed due to a migraine. At first they thought it was a stroke, but after a CAT scan, they realized it was not, it truly was just from a migraine. They can totally rule your life! :(

I have to say, that luckily (knock on wood), I only get about 2 a year now, rather than a dozen a month. I am not sure why they have stopped as it could be a combination of things that have changed in my life.

I hope that you both feel better soon and definitely hope that some scientist out there can figure out a miracle cure! :)

Andrea

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 12:50 am

Chatterbox, Zsigander: Thanks! They suck don't they. Mine are genetic. I've had them since I was a little child.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 1:14 am

A week 1/2 later and still no word on the job. NOTHING. I am going insane here. At least it hasn't been posted in the newsppaer so there is some hope left...very small.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 2:48 pm

I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible pain on the right side of my face. Pretty sure it was totally sinus so I got up to take decongestants and pain pills and get a hot cloth for my face. Took a long time to go back to sleep. Still a bit sore this morning, but nowhere near as bad. I'm sincerely hoping that's the worst thing all day. Though the 24-hour-a-day mosquitoes are certainly getting on my nerves.

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 3:36 pm

Not a terrible thing at all, but I met someone I know on the train so found myself obliged to talk to him on the journey rather than read my book. Don't you just hate it when that happens??

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 4:55 pm

Sweet Potato -- yes, I hate enforced sociability!! :D

Zsig, that is an awful experience, but apparently there is a variant of migraine that has stroke-like symptoms (sez my neurologist). I've had v. v. minor symptoms like that, thankfully nothing as scary as you describe. Mine come along with the hair & eye color, passed down from a great-grandmother, thru my grandfather and mother. An inheritance I could have done without...

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 4:59 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible pain on the right side of my face. Pretty sure it was totally sinus so I got up to take decongestants and pain pills and get a hot cloth for my face. Took a long time to go back to sleep. Still a bit sore this morning, but nowhere near as bad. I'm sincerely hoping that's the worst thing all day. Though the 24-hour-a-day mosquitoes are certainly getting on my nerves.[/quote]

I sympathize with you LoveHistory, I had the same thing last week ! After that night though it got better, so I hope it will get better soon for you too.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 6:13 pm

I'm being dicked around with that job I interviewed for. I dont have a good feeling. Another librarian in our district had an interview and the next day she heard she got the job.

I've no answre and the pricipal told me maybe next week. How hard is it? I worked there for 2 years at the HS. I think I'm being screwed.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Fri May 22nd, 2009, 9:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Divia. That really isn't fair. :mad:

And Sweetpotato, maybe you can tell the person that you have to read for your job (the one you're going to, or a mysterious second job which requires research). Then it's not your fault you can't talk. And if you're a writer or a reviewer, then this has the added bonus of being entirely true.
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Return to “Chat”