Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Wed November 12th, 2008, 8:04 am

It was hot in Adelaide today! Bad day to discover that it's still not working.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu November 13th, 2008, 3:27 am

Still waiting for that call.

Now getting REALLY miffed.

Good job it is me they are dealing with not Phil! He is MEGA miffed.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu November 13th, 2008, 3:51 am

OMG I am having some weird reaction to something and I can't stop itching!!!! I'm digging my arms and legs apart!
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu November 13th, 2008, 5:15 am

[quote=""Divia""]OMG I am having some weird reaction to something and I can't stop itching!!!! I'm digging my arms and legs apart![/quote]

Oh you poor woman, it's just awful when you get the itchies! Years ago I had a heat rash on my legs and couldn't afford any cream to help it, it was the worst! And now and then I get itchies on my legs and I end up giving myself scars even with Gold Bond Itch Cream.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri November 14th, 2008, 4:24 pm

I ordered a book, Secret life of Josephine B by Carrolly Erikson on amazon on Oct 14 as of now it still has not arrived so contacted amazon they said it'll take a week but they'll get the money refunded. I'm still aggitated though, I wanted my book! so I'll have to wait the week or two for the money to be refunded then oreder it all over again. ARRR, course out of three years of regular orders this is the only one that went bad, so not really that bad then huh?

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Fri November 14th, 2008, 10:14 pm

[quote=""Divia""]OMG I am having some weird reaction to something and I can't stop itching!!!! I'm digging my arms and legs apart![/quote]

Ouch! Poor thing! I once bought a sweater, wore it out that night, and broke out in hives for the first time ever in my life! I feel your pain!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun November 16th, 2008, 10:02 am

I went to my friends house today and had a great time. When I got home though I found that someone had been in my back yard and decided to spread an entire bottle of sunscreen that I keep near my back door all over the back deck.

They also switched my electricity off at the switchbox. I have no idea how long the power was out for.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Sun November 16th, 2008, 11:56 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]I went to my friends house today and had a great time. When I got home though I found that someone had been in my back yard and decided to spread an entire bottle of sunscreen that I keep near my back door all over the back deck.

They also switched my electricity off at the switchbox. I have no idea how long the power was out for.[/quote]

That is not nice! Could it have been kids?
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Sun November 16th, 2008, 1:44 pm

[quote=""nona""]I ordered a book, Secret life of Josephine B by Carrolly Erikson on amazon on Oct 14 as of now it still has not arrived so contacted amazon they said it'll take a week but they'll get the money refunded. I'm still aggitated though, I wanted my book! so I'll have to wait the week or two for the money to be refunded then oreder it all over again. ARRR, course out of three years of regular orders this is the only one that went bad, so not really that bad then huh?[/quote]

A similar thing happened to me with Amazon recently, but I had a different experience. I had ordered three books (from recommendations here) and a DVD of The Miracle Worker which I wanted to use in my classes because we read the play this marking period. After two weeks, I still had not received my order. When I contacted Amazon (it was a Friday), they said if I had not received the order by Monday, they would send out another one. Monday came and no order, so I contacted them and they sent out a new order by FedEx because I insisted I needed the order promptly because I needed to use the DVD in school. The day I received the order via FedEx, I also received the original order (via mail, it took over 3 weeks to get to my house!) and the box looked like it had been through a battle in a war! Now I have to send back the original order. I wonder why we had such different treatment from Amazon?
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun November 16th, 2008, 5:03 pm

hard to tell, they were quick to say they would fix it but I'm kinda ticked off about it cause I was really looking forward to reading it.

Return to “Chat”