Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Fri March 23rd, 2012, 7:04 pm

[quote=""Rowan""]My iPad is dead. I'm waiting on the mall to open so I can call the Apple Store and find out if I did get the extended warranty and then what I can do if I did get it. *sigh* Was doing research last night for the book I'm writing, set it down to take care of something and when I came back, it was unresponsive.[/quote]

HATE tech troubles! Good luck with getting it fixed.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon April 2nd, 2012, 1:52 am

Dammit, my (wildly expensive) insurance company has changed the grace period from 30 days to two weeks. This means if I don't pay $407 by tomorrow I'm not covered. Do I have $407, and will I by tomorrow? No.

Gah.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon April 2nd, 2012, 12:56 pm

They shouldn't be able to do that! Just pisses me off Diane!
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon April 2nd, 2012, 8:19 pm

That kind of thing is why people don't like insurance companies.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue April 3rd, 2012, 12:15 am

Well, full disclosure (about their likely disclosure) - they could have reduced from 30 days five or ten years ago and I would not know it because really I have been fortunate and not had to USE a grace period in a long time. It turned out I was able to make the payment, but it IS frustrating to be sitting up at ten thirty on a Sunday peering at bank records after what had been a pleasurable day. I probably should not complain.

And so in honor of that I won't complain today!

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Man Flu

Post by Ken » Tue April 10th, 2012, 8:33 pm

I awoke today to the worst Man-Flu ever experienced in the history of bad Man-Flu! Razor blades in my throat when I swallow and the residue of fourteen toilet rolls beside the bed (so far).

Yes, I know that you women canot understand the pain and suffering we males have to go through, but the least you can do is to sympathise. I'm waiting ............. :(

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue April 10th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Ken, very funny. :p

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Wed April 11th, 2012, 3:45 pm

[quote=""Ken""]I awoke today to the worst Man-Flu ever experienced in the history of bad Man-Flu! Razor blades in my throat when I swallow and the residue of fourteen toilet rolls beside the bed (so far).

Yes, I know that you women canot understand the pain and suffering we males have to go through, but the least you can do is to sympathise. I'm waiting ............. :( [/quote]

Poor, baby! ;) I'm the last female you should appeal to. In the first trimester of my pregnancy (which passed in a totally exhausted fog) my unlucky husband had back surgery and was confined to bed for a couple of weeks. I'd fix him breakfast, leave lunch in a bag, water, etc. and drag my hormone embattled body off to work. When I told my secretary about my husband's situation, she looked at me in horror and asked, "What if there's a fire?"

I thought for a moment and replied, "He can still crawl."

I flew my mother out the next day to take care of him (and me) for a couple of weeks. :o
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Wed April 11th, 2012, 5:10 pm

[quote=""fljustice""]Poor, baby! ;) I flew my mother out the next day to take care of him (and me) for a couple of weeks. :o [/quote]

Is your mother busy at the moment? :o

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed April 11th, 2012, 11:14 pm

Aw! Poor Ken! I'd send you some soup but it probably wouldn't be edible by the time it got there.

Return to “Chat”