Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Does anyone sell on ebay?

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Does anyone sell on ebay?

Post by Divia » Sun September 14th, 2008, 1:21 pm

I was wondering if anyone sold items on ebay and if so what do you sell?

I've made some good money selling off old toys that I have collected and also old tools.

I buy on ebay too :o Mostly old photographs.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Sun September 14th, 2008, 1:33 pm

Sometimes.

I've mostly sold textbooks that I don't need anymore. Most of them cost far too much (majority are in excess of $80 :mad :) and I don't need them after the semester, so I try and make as much back as possible. It's surprising the number of people that do buy them too.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun September 14th, 2008, 1:58 pm

I bought used textbooks back in the day. Why pay so much money for a new one when you can get a used one cheaper. Besides, ti was my experience that I rarely used em anyway.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Sun September 14th, 2008, 2:17 pm

I tried selling a few years ago and was successful once. Now I just buy. And I've heard that they are doing their best to weed out small sellers. :confused:

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun September 14th, 2008, 2:58 pm

I buy lots of stuff on e-bay but I don't sell. I blame it on author Katie Fforde. She joined e-bay to buy some out of production plates she wanted and told us about it on a friends' e-list where we hang out. So I went looking being nosy and ummm..... got hooked. It's great displacement activity! I've not bought many books there - just a couple. Mostly it's unusual pieces of silver jewellery (cheap) and electronics. I've just bought some great mini speakers so I can use my walkman as a music centre in the kitchen. Turns out the seller lives round the corner (literally) from where I used to live in Scotland!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun September 14th, 2008, 3:03 pm

[quote=""Rowan""]I tried selling a few years ago and was successful once. Now I just buy. And I've heard that they are doing their best to weed out small sellers. :confused: [/quote]

Yeah, thats the rumor on the street. They want to make it more like a "store" where you can go and buy Lady and the Tramp DVD with buy it now.

I like ebay because its an auction site. I dont want to go to the "but it now" crap.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun September 14th, 2008, 3:28 pm

[quote=""Divia""]Yeah, thats the rumor on the street. They want to make it more like a "store" where you can go and buy Lady and the Tramp DVD with buy it now.

I like ebay because its an auction site. I dont want to go to the "but it now" crap.[/quote]

Me too Divia. Unless it's something I need that I can't get on the high street (like the dh needed new Z clips when reglazing our greenhouse and for some strange reason garden centres would rather sell scented candles than stuff to do with gardening, so we bought from an e-bay store), I'd far rather go the auction route on e-bay. I usually weed out 'buy it now' stores on my preference list.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun September 14th, 2008, 5:15 pm

When I have enough books of usually historical fiction type or Royalty history type then I sell. I used to do an auction every month but this year there's only been one. But I hope with the 48 book I won recently to have a good auction either this or next month.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Sun September 14th, 2008, 10:44 pm

I mostly buy, but after my mother-in-law died I started selling some of her old jewelry (not family heirlooms; she spent a lot of time at auctions and flea markets) on eBay. I've still got scads of it that I haven't got around to listing.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Mon September 15th, 2008, 3:07 am

I used to sell stuff before we moved, and we sometimes brought stuff too! We made a bit of money from it, but not a lot!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Return to “Chat”