Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"Amber Alert" for pets

wendy
Compulsive Reader

"Amber Alert" for pets

Post by wendy » Thu December 2nd, 2010, 3:00 pm

Last night I discovered a great resource for finding missing pets anywhere in the US. Visit http://www.findtoto.com - choose one of their packages - within minutes they call all your neighbors and issue an alert.

My missing cat was found within three hours of signing up! He is injured - but expected to make a full recovery.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu December 2nd, 2010, 3:27 pm

Thanks for posting this and very glad you've found your kitty. Microchips are always a wise thing, even for indoor kitties like mine. Things do happen.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Thu December 2nd, 2010, 5:57 pm

[quote=""wendy""]Last night I discovered a great resource for finding missing pets anywhere in the US. Visit http://www.findtoto.com - choose one of their packages - within minutes they call all your neighbors and issue an alert.[/quote]

Thanks SO much for your post! I need to immdiately let a close friend in San Diego know about this. Her fat black cat, Mars, has been missing since Halloween. Not a good time for a black cat to go missing! Hope on, hope ever!!
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu December 2nd, 2010, 6:03 pm

Might we find out what package you chose? Thankfully Jasper is a indoor pup pup and only goes outside with family. How was your kitty injured?

Saw a picture of your kitty, he's lovely.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu December 2nd, 2010, 6:20 pm

I read a sweet story a few weeks ago on LOLCats about a woman who had lost her puppy and found him on a porch of a store, the puppy was being kept warm by the store's cat, as it had been very cold out.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Post by wendy » Fri December 3rd, 2010, 12:13 am

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]Might we find out what package you chose? Thankfully Jasper is a indoor pup pup and only goes outside with family. How was your kitty injured?

Saw a picture of your kitty, he's lovely.

SM[/quote]

Thanks - he is a cute guy! He stood on a 4" spike that went through his back left paw-pad, right up into his leg, and formed an abcess. He's on pain meds and antibiotics but should be OK in a week or so.
I chose Package B - we live on a lake so I wanted to reach anyone on the water within a mile radius as quickly as possible. I knew he was trapped somewhere because he always comes to his name (he thinks he's a dog!)

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Post by wendy » Fri December 3rd, 2010, 12:15 am

[quote=""Leyland""]Thanks SO much for your post! I need to immdiately let a close friend in San Diego know about this. Her fat black cat, Mars, has been missing since Halloween. Not a good time for a black cat to go missing! Hope on, hope ever!![/quote]

Fingers crossed. I hope your friend gets the same good results as I did.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "The Likeness" by Tana French & "My Lemon Grove Summer" by Jo Thomas
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Post by Madeleine » Fri December 3rd, 2010, 8:13 pm

Glad you got your cat back, Wendy - hope he makes a good recovery, sounds very nasty.
Currently reading "The Likeness" by Tana French & "My Lemon Grove Summer" by Jo Thomas

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat December 4th, 2010, 12:49 am

Poor kitty! Hope he heals well and quickly!

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Post by wendy » Sat December 4th, 2010, 5:20 pm

He's doing much better today! Thanks everyone.

Return to “Chat”