Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hunks in History

Leo62
Bibliophile

Post by Leo62 » Tue August 31st, 2010, 11:35 pm

[quote=""Russ Whitfield""]
Red Sonya - Don't spill her pint. There's just something about those amazons, I think...
[/quote]
ROTFL!

Must admit, I find it hard to think of actual historical figures as hunky. I always imagine that they'd be really horrible in real life.

I must be one of the few women that Jamie Fraser just doesn't do it for. I like cerebral, complicated heroes and he's just a p***k on a stick.

Favourite historical hunk fantasy? Reclining on a couch with my buncha grapes surrounded by most of the male cast of HBO's Rome. :p
listen:there's a hell
of a good universe next door;let's go
ee cummings

Russ Whitfield
Reader

Post by Russ Whitfield » Wed September 1st, 2010, 8:43 am

hey, hey - if we're bringing film and tv into it...I'm with Angelina "Olympias" Jolie!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu June 2nd, 2011, 1:20 am

Reviving an old thread just for fun. We've had a list going at Goodreads (where anyone can vote a book on) and the top contenders have fluctuated a bit but right now it seems Jamie Fraser (Outlander) is the clear winner with William Marshall (The Greatest Knight) in second place, followed by Llewelyn (Here be Dragons) and Rhett Butler nipping at his heels.

For our newer members, who are your hunks (or hunkettes?) in history?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu June 2nd, 2011, 10:14 am

Probably said this before but Jamie Fraser didn't do much for me either - I'd go for John Marshal, then William Marshal.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu June 2nd, 2011, 5:31 pm

Since reading Outlander I have to say that while I like Jamie a great deal, he doesn't really float my boat. I prefer older men.

And I'm adding someone to my list. King John as written by Miss Moppet. Can't help it. The guy looks just like Eric Bana. :D

Return to “Chat”