Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bbc wishful thinking

donroc
Compulsive Reader

Bbc wishful thinking

Post by donroc » Fri September 3rd, 2010, 1:43 pm

Every year about this time I receive a gift brochure from ACORN (not the political one) that offers complete boxed sets of productions from Masterpiece Theater Classics and Mysteries. If you are not aware of it, go to acorn.com.

That is when I am reminded we are short-changed by our local PBS stations. Some series have not been shown. We do not receive the full episode season of others such as Inspector Lewis.

I believe I am not alone in wishing that we, in the USA, could have a real Masterpiece Theater Classics and Mysteries Channel 24/7 from earliest programming to current offerings. I would be happy to pay for that channel.

Bodo the Apostate, a novel set during the reign of Louis the Pious and end of the Carolingian Empire.

http://www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6 ... annel_page

Anna Elliott
Compulsive Reader

Post by Anna Elliott » Fri September 3rd, 2010, 4:01 pm

Donroc, I would probably pay for it, too, if we had a TV. But we actually don't have one, and I can watch Inspector Lewis, etc. on my computer on-line. (Just watched episode 1 of this season's Inspector Lewis last night, actually). This would never fly with someone like my dad, who really likes his flat screen high definition tv. But for if you don't mind a small size and not the crispest possible picture (thought it's usually not too bad at all by my standards) the internet will usually provide anything you really want to watch.

Author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy
new book: Dark Moon of Avalon, coming Sept 14 from Simon &Schuster (Touchstone)

http://www.annaelliottbooks.com

chuck
Bibliophile

BBC Overs

Post by chuck » Fri September 3rd, 2010, 4:41 pm

[quote=""donroc""]Every year about this time I receive a gift brochure from ACORN (not the political one) that offers complete boxed sets of productions from Masterpiece Theater Classics and Mysteries. If you are not aware of it, go to acorn.com.

That is when I am reminded we are short-changed by our local PBS stations. Some series have not been shown. We do not receive the full episode season of others such as Inspector Lewis.

I believe I am not alone in wishing that we, in the USA, could have a real Masterpiece Theater Classics and Mysteries Channel 24/7 from earliest programming to current offerings. I would be happy to pay for that channel.[/quote]

Don...I second that....might drop a note to my local PBS station.....

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri September 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm

If we got TV reception at all, I'd be on board with this idea.

Return to “Chat”