Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cheesy Covers Caption Contest Round 3

Bride of Desire

Poll ended at Mon June 14th, 2010, 7:10 pm

"Ooooooohhhhh," she moaned breathlessly, "you're (gasp) smearing (gasp) my eyeshadow!"
No votes
"I'm sorry dear but that's not my hand between your legs."
14%
"Baby please," he whispered, "just a quick nibble...that headband looks sooo tasty."
5%
"Oh," thought she, "Thank goodness for that double-sided tape that I found. Now only if it didn't take off my skin with it."
No votes
They look great darling. But are they pointy???????
No votes
"That's lovely darling," she said, "but did you know there's a viking ship headed straight for your head?"
No votes
That Star Trek dressmaker sure knows how to turn on a Viking.
9%
"You simply must tell me," she said, "how do you get your hair to stay flicked back like that without the aid of a naff headband?"
9%
"Is it the '80s again?" she sighed. "I so miss the '80s!"...
5%
"Baby, where we're from, it's always the '80s. Now, let me trim your brow with my teeth."
5%
"Sweetheart, when you're finished with that dress can I try it on?"
5%
Bodies do talk... when bride and beau win...membership at the Fitness Center after trainers witness their...performance to..."Let's get physical."
No votes
“...I don’t see anything. Are you sure it was your...earring that fell into your cleavage? There...are a lot of birds flying around this beach.”
9%
"Darling, please forgive my stare," he murmured, "but how DO you get your upper leg to bend in that strange way?"
9%
She...stared at his thick muscular arm in sudden alarm, remembering the gypsy fortuneteller's warning about men in heavy metal bands.
23%
Her dress could have been beautiful, if only they'd waited for the deer to ripen.
No votes
Best part of being a Viking: booty.
9%
Counted wrong. Don't vote here.
No votes

Total votes: 22

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue June 15th, 2010, 12:59 am

[quote=""Michy""]I've been trolling the Internet and found a couple of cheesy covers that have possibilities. I've saved them to my desktop as jpegs. I tried attaching them to a message, but they attach as little thumbnails. Is there a way for me to attach them as a larger image?

In the meantime, Tanzanite, if you come up with something go ahead.....[/quote]

To make the larger images on the post you need to have a URL. If you don't have a private blog and/or photo bucket account just post it with the thumbnail and I can take it from there. Or shoot me the book on the Amazon page and we can do it that way as well.

Name your poison ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Tue June 15th, 2010, 1:34 am

Ok, Misfit, I don't have any of the above, so I'm going to need your help. My first choice is a cover I found on Amazon. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to send that to you, so here is the URL. If this doesn't work, let me know .......

Thanks! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-One-Danelle- ... 399&sr=1-3

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue June 15th, 2010, 1:46 am

[QUOTE=Michy;62669]Ok, Misfit, I don't have any of the above, so I'm going to need your help. My first choice is a cover I found on Amazon. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to send that to you, so here is the URL. If this doesn't work, let me know .......

Thanks! :D

Got it, I'll start the thread. Lol, there's a Klausner review for that book before she was officially *klausner*.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Tue June 15th, 2010, 2:05 am

Thanks, Misfit, you're a rock star! :)

And of course, I HAD to go back to Amazon and read Harriet-the-#1-Amazon-Reviewer's review....!!! I was so shocked that she gave it 5 stars. :cool:

That was back in 1997 -- wow, Harriet's been around a long time. She must be one of Amazon's charter reviewers.
Last edited by Michy on Tue June 15th, 2010, 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Chat”