Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A poll, a poll!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri May 28th, 2010, 11:42 am

[quote=""Anna Elliott""]That's very interesting, because I would have said the opposite. Sex during pregnancy can be quite tender and beautiful--part of each of you growing inside you and all that. But at 8 mos. pregnant to want some new guy all over you?[/quote]

I had rather unpleasant pregnancies. New life and love are wonderful and all that, but back problems and migraines tend to kill the mood.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri May 28th, 2010, 11:49 am

One way to break your waters, I suppose! Mind you, isn't sex supposed to help if you are a little overdue?!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Fri May 28th, 2010, 3:23 pm

What about the guy, though? Is the typical guy going to be all that attracted to a woman 8 months pregnant if he doesn't already love her?
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri May 28th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Ah, but Margaret, the heroes in these things are rarely typical.

Anna Elliott
Compulsive Reader

Post by Anna Elliott » Fri May 28th, 2010, 3:57 pm

[quote=""Margaret""]What about the guy, though? Is the typical guy going to be all that attracted to a woman 8 months pregnant if he doesn't already love her?[/quote]

Not to mention who is feeling attractive enough at 8 mos. pregnant to want some new guy seeing her in the altogether? I guess more power to any woman who has that kind of body confidence, but it definitely wouldn't be me!

Author of the Twilight of Avalon trilogy
new book: Dark Moon of Avalon, coming Sept 14 from Simon &Schuster (Touchstone)

http://www.annaelliottbooks.com

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Post by SarahWoodbury » Fri May 28th, 2010, 10:32 pm

8 months pregnant? As big as a house, hot (if it's summer), and no longer seeing your feet? (And if this is to graphic for various guys, I'm sorry). Sex with husband, yes. Gently. But a comfortable position is difficult to find, the stomach muscles are very sensitive to any, uh, movement, and it's all about emotion.

I would say, no, no, many times no. But then, contemplating sex with a stranger wouldn't be my thing anyway.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Fri May 28th, 2010, 11:01 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]OK, this never been a mom outside of the cats needs some help. Book not mentioned, but picture yourself eight months gone and a man who is not your husband or your lover can excite you so that you'd want him all over you and kissing you and you're returning the fondling in kind.[/quote]

Is this the Pregnesia book? I seem to recall the Smart Bitches snarking on this plotline.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri May 28th, 2010, 11:07 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]Is this the Pregnesia book? I seem to recall the Smart Bitches snarking on this plotline.[/quote]

No, not that. I haven't named anyone so I think we're OK without a spoiler warning, aren't we?

The Exile of Sarah Stevenson by Darci Hannah
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Fri May 28th, 2010, 11:18 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]No, not that. I haven't named anyone so I think we're OK without a spoiler warning, aren't we?

The Exile of Sarah Stevenson by Darci Hannah[/quote]

Hmm. Well, not that I'd know, but I think it would take quite a talented writer to make this scenario (a) credible and (b) tasteful.

Seem to recall friends in the final stages of pregnancy complaining about severe back pain and the baby being like a hot water bottle so they were constantly hot and bothered (but not in a sexy way).

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri May 28th, 2010, 11:25 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]Hmm. Well, not that I'd know, I think it would take quite a talented writer to make this scenario (a) credible and (b) tasteful.[/quote]

It was a bit odd, although thankfully they were interrupted and didn't complete the scen. THANK GOD to quote Moppet :rolleyes:
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Chat”