Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Castles

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Castles

Post by LoveHistory » Wed May 26th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Is it just me or is there a lot about castles and castle-like structures in the news lately?...at least compared to the usual amount anyway.

I found a Yahoo! News article about a crumbling Hudson River Valley castle. Here's a link to the site. http://www.bannermancastle.org/

They're trying to raise money to save it before it's too late.

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed May 26th, 2010, 6:03 pm

I don't know if you saw it, but the other day I posted (somewhere on this site) a link to a news story I heard on NPR. It's about some people who are building a "genuine" medieval castle in Arkansas. They are doing it the old-fashioned way, and it's supposed to take about 20 years to complete.

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed May 26th, 2010, 6:13 pm

I just found my post and saw that you did see it and responded. Sorry! I'm still learning to navigate this site.

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed May 26th, 2010, 7:23 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Is it just me or is there a lot about castles and castle-like structures in the news lately?...at least compared to the usual amount anyway.

I found a Yahoo! News article about a crumbling Hudson River Valley castle. Here's a link to the site. http://www.bannermancastle.org/

They're trying to raise money to save it before it's too late.[/quote]

I see Bannerman castle wherever I go down to the City; it's doubtful that even if the money was raised, it could be saved, what with the constant tidal action through there. Not to mention the hassle of working with the MTA to get access to the site.

Return to “Chat”