Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

every National Geographic article in a DVD set

juleswatson
Avid Reader

every National Geographic article in a DVD set

Post by juleswatson » Wed April 14th, 2010, 5:50 pm

Hi all, I recently disappeared off the face of the forum as was madly finishing my last book and also (the day after deadline!) moving to the US - am here now! I was just lurking in the Apple store while they changed my UK cord for a US cord and saw that there is a single DVD set with EVERY National Geographic article since 1888 just as it appears in the mag! (all searchable.) Think about all those historical articles :p . That must be extortionately expensive, I thought, picking it up - but it is actually 80 dollars. I realize that is not cheap, but if someone is keen on such things and has never managed to have a subscription (me) I thought it was reasonable for what must amount to thousands of articles. Part of my interest in all things historical was definitely triggered by flicking through those colorful articles in National Geo as a child, especially ones on Egypt and ancient man. A good gift, too, for someone.

And PS - love America so far :)
Author of Celtic historical fantasy
New book "THE RAVEN QUEEN" out Feb 22 2011: The story of Maeve, the famous warrior queen of Irish mythology.
Out now, "THE SWAN MAIDEN", the ancient tale of Deirdre, the Irish 'Helen of Troy'
http://www.juleswatson.com

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Wed April 14th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Hurrah, Jules has landed!

And thanks for the tip -- I'm definitely interested. I loved all that stuff and I have miles of the magazines at home. If I cold get everything on CD ROM, I would...

FYI, There is also a complete New Yorker edition on CD-ROM.... also searchable. Friends gave it to me as a prezzie last fall!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed April 14th, 2010, 10:28 pm

My parents bought that set years ago. I suppose they're missing the newer ones and need to buy an update CD-ROM.

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Thu April 15th, 2010, 3:59 am

It is a wonderful set, especially when it comes to the art and photographs, and a lot of fun just to roam through.

Return to “Chat”