Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2010 Winter Olympics Spoilers Thread

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Mon March 1st, 2010, 1:43 am

It's an ice version of lawn bowls really with the brooms added in. I guess the skill is in delivering the correct weight of shot, and the right amount of sweeping to get the angles etc.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon March 1st, 2010, 2:12 am

[quote=""Chatterbox""]I'm glad it didn't go to a shoot out, as it did with Canada and Sweden. That's a really unsatisfactory way to end a hockey game.[/quote]

I totally agree. I hate the idea of any hockey game ending like that. Its suppose to be exciting, I find it dull.

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]I still fail to see how curling is a sport. From what I can really understand it's push rocks and sweeping to get the rock to go as fair as it can go and push other rocks out of the way.

SM[/quote]

I agree.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Return to “Chat”