Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So here's what has been going on

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sat September 6th, 2008, 11:04 am

I wasn't aware that I'd been banned - must have happened overnight. I'm not even going to try and post there any more.
I think the whole thing has been handled really badly. If we had all been told at the beginning what was happening or been treated with more courtesy and less ignorance then it might have been a different story. Sweet Potato Boy, your ban is ridiculous - but in keeping with what's been happening so far. :(
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat September 6th, 2008, 12:36 pm

[quote=""EC2""]I wasn't aware that I'd been banned - must have happened overnight. I'm not even going to try and post there any more.
I think the whole thing has been handled really badly. If we had all been told at the beginning what was happening or been treated with more courtesy and less ignorance then it might have been a different story. Sweet Potato Boy, your ban is ridiculous - but in keeping with what's been happening so far. :( [/quote]

It is unfortunate they've acted this way, and whether the bans are lifted or not it's not going to feel like "home" over there again. What would they expect us to do, leave others like Nona, Spitfire and Eigon languishing in lala land not knowing where everyone went? Geez.

BTW, Kailana no hard feelings on this end :)

I see there's been some changes overnight, and threads have been started (but no postings) for other genres. Odd response to Perdita's question about keeping the historicalfiction.org, more of a non-answer. Oh well. This is home now.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sat September 6th, 2008, 2:36 pm

Well apparently this is still the ONLY HF site around because she is changing hitoricalfiction.org
Heya All, there has been some confusion about what is happening at the site after some recent downtime due to a server change. The site is still here, however we plan on becoming a more general fiction site, with the opportunity to discuss all types of literature, as well as Historical Fiction.
Watch this Space.
Sorry, but I joined HF.org so I could discuss HF. Oh well, just another reason to stay here. Not that I was going back anyway. :D Although it is odd that she is keeping the name historicalfiction.org when other genres are being talked about.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Sat September 6th, 2008, 3:34 pm

I too joined a site because I'm interested in HF, not just fiction in general. I love that we have "off topic" threads and places to discuss and debate other subjects but the main reason I joined was for HF. So did most of the people that were on the other site I'd imagine. I guess they expect to get a lot more members interested in general fiction. Seems weird with the name "historicalfiction . org".

And banning people is not something to take lightly or to do "temporarily". That's childish and immature. What did they expect when a forum with such a devoted group of posters just up and vanishes in the blink of an eye? It's just silly and doesn't bode well for the future of the "old" board!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sat September 6th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Well it is what it is. I know I wont be giong back..unless I'm pming people to tell them to come here :D
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat September 6th, 2008, 3:59 pm

[quote=""Divia""]Well it is what it is. I know I wont be giong back..unless I'm pming people to tell them to come here :D [/quote]

I'll lay odds you're the next one to go down for that comment :D :D

They've got a ways to go, anytime I go look at it the only users online are one of us.

Spitfire
Reader

Post by Spitfire » Sat September 6th, 2008, 4:51 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]I'll lay odds you're the next one to go down for that comment :D :D

They've got a ways to go, anytime I go look at it the only users online are one of us.[/quote]

I'm just waiting to get banned too! I have been pming some to come over here too! :D
Only the pure of heart can make good soup. - Beethoven

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat September 6th, 2008, 5:46 pm

I think some of the bans have been lifted, I didn't see the word on your name Misfit.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat September 6th, 2008, 6:24 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]I think some of the bans have been lifted, I didn't see the word on your name Misfit.

SM[/quote]

You're right, they're gone now. Hmmmm.

Kailana
Reader

Post by Kailana » Sat September 6th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Yeah, she lifted the bans. I think all of them.

As to the name, it still works because there is a large section dedicated just to historical fiction and then there is the rest of the discussions... It's the only thing that couldn't be changed. I think the actual name of the forums might change eventually, but there are some issues with that that go back to the very first owners, so not sure.

I am of the opinion that forums should be fun, so if we have some posters and discussion, that is all that really matters at the end of the day.

Return to “Chat”