Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So here's what has been going on

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue August 26th, 2008, 5:10 pm

I too want to thank the mods for everything they did. I know I was lost without my regular morning check in!! I admin an online forum and we've had to restart elsewhere too. It's ALOT of work!! So thanks so much!! And yes, with time this site will be even better, prettier, and with even more bells and whistles! :)

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Congratulations and thank you, Marg!

Post by Catherine Delors » Tue August 26th, 2008, 6:03 pm

I will announce the news on my blog.

From a selfish point of view, this is still better for me. I had joined HF.org late and was stuck in the depths of the proletariat. Now I am a "Junior Member" like everyone else (except for the administrators/moderators, of course.)

Liberte, egalite, fraternite, as we say in France.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue August 26th, 2008, 6:09 pm

[quote=""Catherine Delors""]I will announce the news on my blog.

From a selfish point of view, this is still better for me. I had joined HF.org late and was stuck in the depths of the proletariat. Now I am a "Junior Member" like everyone else (except for the administrators/moderators, of course.)

Liberte, egalite, fraternite, as we say in France.[/quote]

It's so funny seeing all these junior members. BTW Catherine I was on your blog the other day and started to post a comment and I got sidetracked. Did you know Dumas wrote a six book series on the Revolution? Let me know if you're interested and I can list the books out for you in order.

Michelle2
Scribbler

Post by Michelle2 » Tue August 26th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Gosh I had no idea it was bought and sold so many times since Becky first came up with the idea. Glad everything is settled now and thanks for all your hard work!

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Tue August 26th, 2008, 10:27 pm

[quote=""Catherine Delors""]I Now I am a "Junior Member" like everyone else [/quote]

Catherine brings to mind a question - where do we go after Junior level? Senior sounds logical, and then what? Graduate school? ;)

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue August 26th, 2008, 11:01 pm

I liked the old rankings, myself. It encouraged participation too. If you want to be royalty instead of a peasant then post alot! :D

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue August 26th, 2008, 11:18 pm

I miss the fact that I had over 2500 posts and say the title "Royalty" next to my name, it kinda blows to have to start from the beginning again on how many posts you have.

SM

Divia
Bibliomaniac

What happened?????

Post by Divia » Wed August 27th, 2008, 9:47 pm

What happened to us? I only found this place becuase Misfit put a comment on one of my reviews???

What happened

Michelle2
Scribbler

Post by Michelle2 » Wed August 27th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Hey Divs! Long time no see!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed August 27th, 2008, 9:50 pm

You have no idea the horror I went through for the past few days without having this site. :o

I miss my old post count :(

Return to “Chat”