Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Most Annoying thing today

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Fri August 7th, 2009, 4:03 pm

Soooooo annoyed with the JUST SAY NO PARTY....Whine, snipe but have no answers or solutions...The ridiculous Birthers and the unruly/rude ignoramuses that shout down the Town Hall Speakers with one liners and they have no idea what their screaming about .....I can't stand it......It's embarrassing to watch this stupid dribble and the Media needs to stop giving them air time....

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Fri August 7th, 2009, 5:08 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]There was a man on the train tonight who was constantly sniffing and making other horrible, horrible noises. When there is no way of getting away from it, it's horrible!

Doesn't help that I had already finished my book and I didn't have a spre with me because I didn't realise I would get through the 300+ pages so quickly.[/quote]

You wouldn't like living in Seoul (or Beijing, I guess) where the clearing of one's throat and nose appears to be something you want to share with other passengers!

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Fri August 7th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Book Depository cancelled two more orders on me? (They did have pics of the book, and their site says it's available in 24 hours -- just at a higher price.)
Argh.

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Fri August 7th, 2009, 6:31 pm

I keep getting work that belongs to another Andrea at my work. It drives me crazy when people don't pay attention to whom they are sending e-mails to and I get hers, she gets mine. The problem I have with this is that as I deal with Payroll/HR issues these are sometimes confidential. People should be really careful when they e-mail a person - often the name defaults to the first person alphabetically on the list!
Andrea

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat August 8th, 2009, 12:30 am

Ordered a 3-pack of a special shampoo for my husband. Well it came in the mail today except it was one bottle, not three.

And there was a lip gloss in the box that I didn't order. Wrong color for me at that.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat August 8th, 2009, 1:31 am

I love this thread!

Guy at the gym has to start a freaking 15 minute loud chit chatty phone call whilst doing cardio. Almost as bad as the ones who come in dripping of perfume and/or aftershave.

Small gym though, I turned up the music volume :p :) :o
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun August 9th, 2009, 2:10 pm

you ever put something away in the proper place and someone else uses it then puts it away in another place then you can't find it? *hmph!*

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Sun August 9th, 2009, 2:33 pm

Planned Family picnic...Raining and their still going on with it.....What do you at a picnic in the rain?....Everybody will complain about the rain etc....and get this; They are calling us wimps if we don't show up and worst of it.....They don't allow adult beverages....In the best of times it was a yawner....Yes "Once again into the brink".....Very annoyed....

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Sun August 9th, 2009, 2:55 pm

[quote=""nona""]you ever put something away in the proper place and someone else uses it then puts it away in another place then you can't find it? *hmph!*[/quote]

My husband! We have different ideas how to organize, especially the plastic containers in the kitchen. He just throws everything in willy nilly. Drives me nuts. Sometimes I have to put him on probation from even emptying the dishwasher because he just ignores my organization system.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sun August 9th, 2009, 3:51 pm

[quote=""chuck""]Planned Family picnic...Raining and their still going on with it.....What do you at a picnic in the rain?....Everybody will complain about the rain etc....and get this; They are calling us wimps if we don't show up and worst of it.....They don't allow adult beverages....In the best of times it was a yawner....Yes "Once again into the brink".....Very annoyed....[/quote]

Can sympathise Chuck, rain ruining plans happens all the time here! :D
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Return to “Chat”