Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Most Annoying thing today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

The Most Annoying thing today

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu August 6th, 2009, 11:11 pm

I know we have the "The Worst Thing Today" thread, but sometimes what someone has to post isn't really as bad as say someone's medical problems (Poor CB and her teeth!) or money problems, job problems, etc.

So how bout we start a thread that we can post about things that happened that annoyed us but isn't the worst thing that really happened?

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Fri August 7th, 2009, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri August 7th, 2009, 12:12 am

I love the idea. I'll start.

Customer calls me on the telephone double checking directions (he's lost). As he prepares to end the call he asks me for the telephone number is case he needs to call back. :p ;)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri August 7th, 2009, 12:14 am

Can you move the thread to Chat? Thanks!

Most annoying today: Mom and I got new DVR boxes (her first) and it doesn't have the time on it any more. I need to buy 2 clocks for the living room and my room now :P

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Fri August 7th, 2009, 1:06 am

[quote=""Misfit""]
Customer calls me on the telephone double checking directions (he's lost). As he prepares to end the call he asks me for the telephone number is case he needs to call back. :p ;) [/quote]

He may have gotten the number from information and was connected automatically.

My biggest phone peeve has been the electronic answering systems that route you to yet another machine and you never get to talk to a human. This site has saved me more than once:

http://www.gethuman.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri August 7th, 2009, 2:00 am

[quote=""Ash""]He may have gotten the number from information and was connected automatically.

My biggest phone peeve has been the electronic answering systems that route you to yet another machine and you never get to talk to a human. This site has saved me more than once:

http://www.gethuman.com/[/quote]

Good point, I am not a big user of cell phone whilst driving. Nice link, thanks. I agree about the answering systems, it ticks me off royally when I do not have a can I speak to a human being option.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Fri August 7th, 2009, 2:39 am

We switched over to getting phone service through our cable provider, which is cheaper, but in doing so we temporarily lost access to voice mail service. The cable co told us it was 5-8 business days to request it, and after that, 3-5 more days to implement. Why does it take so long?? This was three weeks ago and it's still not ready. We're about to give up and go buy a machine.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri August 7th, 2009, 2:45 am

[quote=""Ariadne""]We switched over to getting phone service through our cable provider, which is cheaper, but in doing so we temporarily lost access to voice mail service. The cable co told us it was 5-8 business days to request it, and after that, 3-5 more days to implement. Why does it take so long?? This was three weeks ago and it's still not ready. We're about to give up and go buy a machine.[/quote]

That is annoying! I wonder why it takes so long as well.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Fri August 7th, 2009, 9:44 am

Had a hideous journey home on the Tube last night. Signal failures. Kept being moved one station at a time and then waiting there for 25 minutes before moving just one more station. Eventually gave up and got out at Hampstead -- which is pleasant enough if you're not hot and bothered and exhuasted and desperate to get home and there isn't torrential rain, which there was. Soaked through, I spotted a black cab and spent a fortune getting home, but it was worth it...

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri August 7th, 2009, 10:24 am

There was a man on the train tonight who was constantly sniffing and making other horrible, horrible noises. When there is no way of getting away from it, it's horrible!

Doesn't help that I had already finished my book and I didn't have a spre with me because I didn't realise I would get through the 300+ pages so quickly.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

stu1883
Avid Reader
Location: I live in Bristol, England with my wife Nicki & our kittens Boomer & Magic

Post by stu1883 » Fri August 7th, 2009, 11:26 am

The fact the England are 4 wickets down, all of them soft and today is the first sunny day for over a week! I'm in the garden writing and listening on the radio - my enthusiasm is waning.....perhaps it's time for music

Return to “Chat”