Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Most Annoying thing today

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Re: The Most Annoying thing today

Post by Madeleine » Tue April 11th, 2017, 3:33 pm

They're just as bad here, going through red lights, the wrong way up one way streets, riding on the pavements, not stopping at ped crossings, not using all the cycle lanes and super-highways that have cost a fortune to put in (although apparently some of the super highways are very slippery when it's wet, but I've stood by one waiting to cross the road on a brilliant warm day, and hardly any cyclists have used the special lane), I could go on. There are some considerate cyclists but they seem to be very few and far between. And that's not counting the ones I see riding along whilst on their phones, or texting, or with earphones in.... :x
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue April 11th, 2017, 3:55 pm

I'm afraid they seem to think they invincible with their precious phones and what not. Actually had one recently blew threw a stop sign without looking, and just as I was trying to make the left turn and could have near hit him. I had the right of way I might add. Some pedestrians are just as bad, staring into their phones, dark jackets, dark rainy morning and they're jaywalking a multi lane highway when there's a crosswalk just a short ways away.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed April 12th, 2017, 8:28 am

Ah yes pedestrians glued to their phones, look where you're going people!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Thu April 13th, 2017, 8:01 pm

I was a pedestrian glued to my phone yesterday, but I do pay attend to where I am.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Wed July 25th, 2018, 2:00 pm

I'm going to rant about the USPS. Whenever we get mail that doesn't fit into our mailbox, our mail person is too lazy to put it on the front porch. We have an awning that would protect the mail from any kind of weather. But, no, the mail person leaves the mail in front of our garage overhead door where, if we didn't see it, could be run over by the car. It's also out in the open where it gets rained on or the wind can blow away the loose envelopes that they inevitably leave unsecured along with any boxes, etc. My daughter ordered some books. Mail person left the box out in the open with no protecting plastic and of course it rained cats & dogs after the delivery and the box was soaked through and the books ruined. I am getting really tired of this. We don't live in a neighborhood where packages would be visible to our neighbors. We don't own a dog. There is no reason why the mail person can't leave our mail on our front porch except for pure laziness. I'm going to have to complain to the postmaster, I guess, but I doubt it will help. :-(

Ironically, I have the opposite problem with UPS and FedEx. They leave packages at our back door and even once at our basement door at the side of our house. *sighs in defeat*

Return to “Chat”