Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Most Annoying thing today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon May 2nd, 2011, 6:50 pm

It's not so much annoying as it is wearing me down, but the negativity coming from people at work and also on my Facebook page is just getting to be too much. Even when something great happens, there is always someone there to spin it in a negative way or piss in my cheerios. I'm just really worn down by it all!
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 11:17 pm

Brenna, I'm really sorry about your work environment. As to FB, is it anybody you can unfriend?

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Thu May 5th, 2011, 9:30 am

First of all, the Tube train union announces what amounts to nearly 2 weeks of solid strikes.....then this morning I get to be stuck in a tunnel, for half an hour at least, on one of these lovely trains. Serious hyperventilation going on, luckily it wasn't too hot and I had a seat but if it had gone on much longer think I would have been a gibbering wreck. And what didn't help were a couple of fellow commuters, who started telling each other how long they'd been stuck in a tunnel on previous occasions.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon May 9th, 2011, 12:59 am

Got kicked in the abdomen. The saving grace is that the kick wasn't meant for me.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon May 9th, 2011, 5:08 am

Aggravation migraine! During an intense scene on the I watching the screen froze & when it finally came back it went black!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Thu May 12th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Stupid Blogger. I finally have some things to say: outage.

Dumbstupididiot Blogger. *Pleh*

Also:

LoveHistory, gracious, are you okay???? *Offering ineffectual gestures of solicitude*
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri May 13th, 2011, 2:16 am

I think I'm fine, Diane. It wasn't a full force kick. Occupational hazard with my seven year old. He really is getting better about the aggressive behaviors, some days he just reverts. That's always depressing. Feels like we've gone back to square one. But then he'll have a good day again and all is right with the world.

ejays17
Reader

Post by ejays17 » Fri May 13th, 2011, 8:56 am

We went over our download / upload limit this month for probably the first time ever, and have had to put up with slow Internet that periodically drops out for the last week, and there's still another week to go before the next cycle starts & it goes back to "normal".

It's especially annoying when I'm in the middle of reading something & the connection drops out & it takes a couple of minutes to reconnect. It's very easy to lose the thread of the article!
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority." The Doctor, Wheel in Space

SLOC: Solid Lump of Comfort (from the Chalet School books by Elinor M Brent-Dyer)

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Fri May 13th, 2011, 9:41 pm

LoveHistory, thank goodness. :) Here's hoping the weekend is all right with the world.

Today I had no annoyances to kvetch about. Not bad for a Friday the 13th!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sun May 15th, 2011, 11:22 am

Have had to postpone my Constable country walk due to a jippy tummy! Was more worried about being stuck in traffic than on the actual walk, but hopefully will reschedule it for the forthcoming Holiday weekend, at the end of the month.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Return to “Chat”