Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

These Poor Books!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

These Poor Books!

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue July 7th, 2009, 1:11 am

I'm not sure how to report this to BF, I know there's a report book damage option.

Today I got 4 books from BF (yea!) BUT and I don't know if this was due to the books being put in the wrong size sender or if the post office manhandled the books but 2 of the books in one package came all distorted (bent in various angles) and one book in the other package had it's corner bent awkwardly.

I've tried to straighten them out as much as possible (I'm also keeping them between other heavy books to keep them flattened) and can still read them, but it's still upsetting that new books were treated like this.

I don't need more books being sent by BF, lord knows I have way too many to read at the moment with my own books and these 4 new ones.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Tue July 7th, 2009, 3:13 am

Were these keepers? If they were then I would send them back, or at least contact someone about the condition. If they are treating yoru books like that how many others are going out the same way? I wonder if its some frustrated shipping guy just slamming the books in boxes?
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue July 7th, 2009, 3:15 am

There are from Booksfree, it's like Netflix, they come in a plastic envelope. This is the only 2nd package of books that have come damaged in the 6 years I've been with them. The last time they told me to keep the books. BF is really great with customer service.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Tue July 7th, 2009, 9:43 am

I once received one from amazon.co.uk (Lords of the North) that had been bent while shipping. It looked like a rhombus. I couldn't be bothered sending it back though and found a way to bend it back right with some very thick encyclopedia's.

Return to “Chat”