Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu March 5th, 2009, 3:27 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]The best thing today, for the vast majority of Victorians, is the fact that the bushfire threat has finally been declared over after nearly four weeks of fires, warnings, evacuations etc.

The other best thing is that I managed to get tickets to go and see the Sound Relief concert, which is a fund raiser for Bushfire victims. It took nearly an hour, and I had very nearly given up when I finally got through (the ticket company's system didn't seem to cope very well with such heavy demand). This will be my son's first official grown up concert which is kind of cool!

Acts performing in Melbourne include Kings of Leon, Jack Johnson, Midnight Oil and Split Enz (both reforming for this gig) and a few others. Can't wait![/quote]

They are saying Kylie will be there too! Well done for gettin the tickets! We are taking Nathn to his first concert soon....The Who! Nothing like breaking them in gently eh?!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Thu March 5th, 2009, 9:05 am

My son asked me tonight if Kylie is going to be there, but I said no. It wouldn't surprise me (well it would but not totally) because she is very good friends with the promoter who organised it all.

It looks as thought Jet are going to be performing in both Melbourne and Sydney which is cool too.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun March 8th, 2009, 1:51 am

Got an email that said my return of the "X-Files" book has been processed, and I should get my refund in about 3 to 5 days. Later I'll order some used books since this was my birthday present from my mother so I'll use it towards others.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

KingEricCantona7
Scribbler

Post by KingEricCantona7 » Tue March 10th, 2009, 4:30 pm

My boss gave me a half day off in the afternoon tomorrow so I can go home and watch the Manchester United - Inter Milan game. I told her it was a good thing she did otherwise I wouldn't be able to get any work done from worrying about the result. All that is left is for United to win to make my Wednesday complete.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue March 10th, 2009, 5:13 pm

My refund from Amazon finally came through, now I have to figure out what of the many books I want to read to buy, oh joy!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue March 10th, 2009, 7:44 pm

[quote=""KingEricCantona7""]My boss gave me a half day off in the afternoon tomorrow so I can go home and watch the Manchester United - Inter Milan game. I told her it was a good thing she did otherwise I wouldn't be able to get any work done from worrying about the result. All that is left is for United to win to make my Wednesday complete.[/quote]

What a great boss!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

KingEricCantona7
Scribbler

Post by KingEricCantona7 » Wed March 11th, 2009, 2:30 pm

[quote=""diamondlil""]What a great boss![/quote]
I know but I can't wait to see the look on her face when I hand in my days off for the 2010 World Cup. :D

Richard
Reader

Post by Richard » Wed March 11th, 2009, 2:50 pm

I work in the US, but at a research facility where there are so many South Asians, Aussies and English that everything stops for the cricket world cup. There is more buzz around here for that event than the baseball world series! Oh, and of course for football world cup (I intentionally use the international sense of the word) the Germans, Russians, and everyone else easily raise that madness to the 2nd power.
How did an 800-year-old headless corpse transform Venice from a backwater
into the greatest sea-empire of the early Middle Ages? Find out at,

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Thu March 12th, 2009, 8:12 pm

I treated myself to the boxset The Complete Motown #1s and a thing of beauty it is, in the shape of 2648 West Grand Blvd, the home of Hitsville.
http://www.motown50.f2m2.com/hitsville/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat March 14th, 2009, 1:38 am

Getting the puppy we want! See avatar for details.

Return to “Chat”