Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed November 7th, 2012, 7:05 am

Obama, nuff said.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Antoine Vanner
Reader

Busy Day Ahead!

Post by Antoine Vanner » Wed November 7th, 2012, 9:20 am

It's good to be alive, even on a cold, damp, British November morning! Have just finished the day's boring but necessary personal admin via the laptop and am abut to make coffee and start my labour of love for today. Proof-reading of my novel - the first in a series, four written, and they'll be launched at intervals - is now complete and I need to start working with a designer on the cover. Working now on the website to be launched simultaneously and have been looking for images to use. Three cheers for Wikipedia and the information it provides on whether images are in the public domain or not!
Last edited by Antoine Vanner on Wed November 7th, 2012, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed November 7th, 2012, 2:12 pm

Thanks everyone! The miracle baby seems to be doing well-a very healthy 6lbs, 15oz. I don't think it was her MS that was the problem as much as it was his cancer. Doctors said he would never have children-Ha!! Proved them wrong!

It's supposed to be a nasty day here today but I hope has a wonderful day!!
Brenna

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Fri November 9th, 2012, 4:06 pm

TV: Outlander

Starz will develop Outlander, a drama series based on Diana Gabaldon's seven-book series that has sold more than 20 million copies, Deadline.com reported. Ron Moore (Battlestar Galactica) will write the adaptation, which Sony Pictures TV is behind the project, having acquired rights to the books last summer.

Saw this on our local bookstore Facebook page!!! YAY!!
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Fri November 9th, 2012, 5:13 pm

It's been on Diana's page for a while, I think someone else mentioned it in the TV section on here. It's also on her Facebook page, although it freezes every time I try to look at it. No news on casting yet though!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Fri November 9th, 2012, 11:33 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]Obama, nuff said.

SM[/quote]

*High fives*

Gossamer and Penelope went to the vet today for their first visit. We spent TWO HOURS there, but each of them is healthy, all shot up and tested and blood-drawn-ed, and they were *absolute* angels, the pair of them. Penelope, who usually goes utterly wild when she's keyed up, was a very very very good girl indeed (I realize, a babyhood spent being hauled to adoption events must have helped socialize her to crowd situations and such confusion). Gossy was amazingly chill, too. I just can't get over how well behaved and how wonderful these two are.

Plus, tonight, we came home to an invitation from my next door neighbor for a nice long walk, and she was a GOOD GIRL and went poo OUTSIDE while we were out. She got treats. They're both in for a lot of love, too. Good lord, I only hope I am good enough for these two. They are such utter stinkin' blessings, I love them to pieces.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Sat November 10th, 2012, 12:46 am

Aww Diane that is wonderful news!! The very fact that you want to be good enough for them, absolutely makes you more than enough (in my book anyway!). Extra yays for all four legged loves being in good health as well.
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sat November 10th, 2012, 5:24 pm

It is DAZZLINGLY beautiful and a fine day outside; I have opened the windows in the house!

Yesterday at the vet I saw a charming acquaintance, and we agreed to meet out tonight. I haven't done a Saturday night out in months now, it will be nice.

The maple tree out front has turned and is the richest gold with hints of red.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sun November 11th, 2012, 5:56 pm

I was in the local forest yesterday and the colours were absolutely gorgeous. And today was a lovely autumn day like the one Diane had yesterday, cold but bright.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Antoine Vanner
Reader

The Best Thing Yesterday

Post by Antoine Vanner » Thu November 15th, 2012, 11:53 am

Had a great day yesterday at Fort Nelson, a gigantic Victorian fort overlooking Portsmouth harbour and which is now the home of Britain's Royal Armoury Museum. The building itself (much of it underground) is like something out of a Steampunk novel and there is a wonderful selection of guns. This includes an amazing Ottoman cannon designed to be screwed together from sections and capable of firing 26 inch stone cannon balls as well as pieces of Saddam Hussein's "Project Babylon Supergun" of the 1980s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Antoine Vanner on Sat November 17th, 2012, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chat”