Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Sun July 26th, 2009, 12:12 pm

After what seems an eternity of rain, the sun is out this morning! :)

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun July 26th, 2009, 12:59 pm

I was told yesterday at work that I'm getting an unexpected bonus next check for $800, I couldn't be happier, now I just need to focus and not blow the whole thing on books :rolleyes:

Sheramy
Reader

Post by Sheramy » Sun July 26th, 2009, 2:49 pm

I'm going to flip zsigandr's comment on its head and say after way too much sun lately, I woke up this morning to one of those lovely soaking tropical moisture summer Florida rainstorms that makes you feel all cozy snug in your dry house. I love waking up to rain on a Sunday 'cause you can turn over and go back to sleep. :)
Sunflowers: A Novel of Vincent van Gogh, forthcoming from Avon-A, 13 October 2009
My blog: http://vangoghschair.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.sheramybundrick.com
For it is truly the discovery of a new hemisphere in a person's life when he falls seriously in love. -Vincent van Gogh

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun July 26th, 2009, 2:56 pm

I love when it rain, I keep saying we should move up towards Washington state since it is supposed to rain frequently there.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun July 26th, 2009, 3:06 pm

[quote=""nona""]I love when it rain, I keep saying we should move up towards Washington state since it is supposed to rain frequently there.[/quote]

I love the rain too, Nona - especially if I'm indoors curled up with something like a book or some sewing. It's just spitting here at the moment and blustery grey with it.
Congrats on the work bonus btw.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun July 26th, 2009, 3:22 pm

I agree when you have a good book or movie it's great to be indoors when it's raining, I cannot sew to save my own life.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun July 26th, 2009, 5:56 pm

[quote=""nona""]I love when it rain, I keep saying we should move up towards Washington state since it is supposed to rain frequently there.[/quote]

*SNORT* Not recently! We're having a heat wave!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Sun July 26th, 2009, 7:24 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]*SNORT* Not recently! We're having a heat wave![/quote]

My daughter (from Seattle, Washington) is here visiting. We are convinced that Seattle has New Jersey's weather and we have Seattle's weather!
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Sun July 26th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Here in Cornwall, it hasn't stopped raining since St. Swithins day!!! Can it really be true??

I've run out of wood for my Ark, so it's got to be smaller and I'lll only be able to take a few animals. The cats can't seem to make their minds up whether they want to share it with the dogs they came down with and the other animals. Anybody got a home for them??

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri July 31st, 2009, 5:18 pm

Ahhhhh, our wonderful northwest marine layer has kicked in. It's still 60 degrees.

:) :) :)
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Chat”