Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun June 21st, 2009, 6:52 pm

Pink can really put on a show, she is non stop up on stage. my girls are 4 & 5 and absolutely love her music, I think she is a good role model for girls now days.

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Mon June 22nd, 2009, 1:08 pm

I submitted my last assignment for the semester this morning. Nearly 4,000 words on status quo/revisionist power international relations theory. Kill me now. :p

Lauryn
Reader

Post by Lauryn » Mon June 22nd, 2009, 11:04 pm

[quote=""Alaric""]I submitted my last assignment for the semester this morning. Nearly 4,000 words on status quo/revisionist power international relations theory. Kill me now. :p [/quote]

No, I don't think so. You will regret the hasty action when you get a good grade back, and are prevented from celebrating by being on another plane of existence. :D
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed June 24th, 2009, 9:07 pm

One of my lesser (for fun) works has officially made me proud. Selected Works of Lady Indis Dress, Volume 1
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,511,557 in Books

I didn't even know it was on Amazon. Lovely surprise on such an uncomfortable day.

Lauryn
Reader

Post by Lauryn » Wed June 24th, 2009, 9:32 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]One of my lesser (for fun) works has officially made me proud. Selected Works of Lady Indis Dress, Volume 1
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #1,511,557 in Books

I didn't even know it was on Amazon. Lovely surprise on such an uncomfortable day.[/quote]

woot woot! excuse me - must go check this out .......
Even the mighty oak was once just a nut that held its ground.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu June 25th, 2009, 1:37 am

Last day of school with the little darlings! Tomorrow I hang around and Friday I pick up my check and I'm outtie! SWEET.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri June 26th, 2009, 3:13 am

They finally aired Duran Duran's John Taylor's episode of "Samantha Who?" tonight after pushing it back many times, and I almost missed it!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Fri June 26th, 2009, 12:32 pm

Tomorrow marks the first time in twelve days I haven't had to go to work or spend the day writing an essay for university. I worked eleven of those days, all through last weekend. I can't wait for it. :D

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Post by SarahWoodbury » Fri June 26th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Daughter arrived safely home at 3:25 am from her trip to Wales. All safe and in love with castles . . .

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Fri June 26th, 2009, 7:50 pm

[quote=""SarahWoodbury""]Daughter arrived safely home at 3:25 am from her trip to Wales. All safe and in love with castles . . .[/quote]

Having been there recently, I can understand why!

After 9 months of unemployment and going through 95% of our savings (most of which was the equity we had in our house when we sold it last year) my husband finally got a job!!!! He starts on Monday. Today is one of the best days I have had in a long time since I was getting close to going into panic mode.

Return to “Chat”