Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed October 10th, 2012, 2:03 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Yesterday really I guess. Saw Ben's new doctor and she switched him to the intensive program his father is on. It means more shots but it also means more flexibility--like being able to eat some cake to celebrate his little sister's birthday last night. It's also better long-term for preventing or delaying complications, and hopefully will provide better control of his blood sugars on a day-to-day basis.[/quote]

Crossing my fingers this works out better for him! Poor sweet thing!
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri October 12th, 2012, 1:54 am

Thank you Brenna. Can't say he likes more shots, but it's enabling him to eat a bit more. than he was allowed to on the other protocol. He's doing well overall. A couple times he's started crying out of the blue and I don't know for sure why. I ask him if he's sad about diabetes and he says yes, but if I asked if he was sad about global warming he might say the same thing. And he has no idea what global warming is, let alone why anyone would be sad about it.

I'm so proud of him for how well he is doing. At lunch time he brought me his meter, with a test strip in it, his lancing device, an alcohol swab, and a cotton ball. He knew he needed to check his blood sugar and get a shot before eating.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed October 17th, 2012, 2:26 am

My new Ipod 5 should be here Monday, hopefully all my data on my #4 will transfer and I can give it to Harm.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Sun October 21st, 2012, 1:57 pm

Hubby is taking me to the Renaissance Fair today!! Woohoo!!
Brenna

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun October 21st, 2012, 6:18 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]Hubby is taking me to the Renaissance Fair today!! Woohoo!![/quote]
Hope it was fun!

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon October 22nd, 2012, 5:21 pm

[quote=""DianeL""]LH, I adore you. :D (May I post that on my blog?)

Yesterday I spent some hours meeting dog after dog after dog - one (fairly shady, actually) breeding farm a friend of mine had worked at for years, and two adoption stands. I met only one girl who made me go all gooey - and was surprised but SO pleased when she turned out to be utterly indifferent to the presence of cats. There are two more I would be interested in meeting; waiting for calls back and for my applications to be reviewed. But the one I met is the front runner right now.

Today, dinner with friends who are lovely and wonderful people (the ones who got a dog after they met my beautiful Siddy, actually - her "godson"!).[/quote]

So wondering minds would like to know if you picked up a new friend??
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon October 22nd, 2012, 7:41 pm

Indeed I did! :)

In other best-thing news, the kitten and the pup are getting along.

Spent this weekend at the James River Writers annual writers conference, and got a 100-p. partial request from Alec Shane of Writers House. He also agreed to my request for an interview for my blog, so stay tuned!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue October 23rd, 2012, 12:21 pm

Great news, Diane! Congratulations!

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue October 23rd, 2012, 2:06 pm

She is darling!!! Such a sweet face!! And wow kitty has gotten big!! I hate that they grow up so fast.
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Tue October 23rd, 2012, 10:56 pm

Thanks so much y'all.

He's still a baby boy, is the Gossa-monster. This morning, though, I picked him up after he ate - his little belly was so round. *Grin* Warm, wonderful, chubby baby.

I think he's up to about 6 pounds now, and no less cute. Certainly I am STUPIDLY blessed in his personality - he's just nice. Super super nice, to everybody. He loves being held, and he'll go to people, too. I've had friendly cats before, but none so physically sweet with all my family and friends.

Penelope is probably about 40 pounds, but such a spaz I can NOT imagine weighing her. :)
Last edited by DianeL on Tue October 23rd, 2012, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Return to “Chat”