Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Thu November 13th, 2008, 5:29 pm

We had a quiz night at work last night (the first ever) and our team came 2nd out of 20!! We are still on a high. Unfortunately, we missed out on the top prizes of an iPod each, but we still got some nice prizes. (Still kicking ourselves over some of our wrong answers, though!)

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri November 14th, 2008, 4:28 pm

I've been on vacation for a week, raided the library sale and made out like a theif, not sick anymore. Couldn't complain about this week.

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Fri November 14th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Nona......Way to go!....A couple of weeks I made a killing at my Library book sale....8 great finds for $8.00....unbeleivable....and like new....no mold, food/other leavings....now where to put them?

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri November 14th, 2008, 6:04 pm

lol, know what you mean, I did a little 'inventory' on all mine and suddenly realized that I might have a poblem when it comes time to move, however I wouldn't give any one of them up for anything.

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Fri November 14th, 2008, 9:47 pm

I found a wonderful new hair stylist! I had been unhappy with my stylist for a while and found myself dreading going to her so I tried like a great big dork to trim my own hair. Not one of my better ideas!!! I messed it up big time! Desperate times called for desperate measures so I called our local swanky spa/salon and begged them for an emergency appt. I ended up with a great stylist! I love her! Her prices are really reasonable and she does cuts and color which is perfect for me! :) She gave me a great cut and saved most of my length which was a near miracle after the way I butchered it :o ! But I got a great new stylist out of it!! Soo happy for that!
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Fri November 14th, 2008, 9:59 pm

I really need a hair cut, and to find someone I like to cut my hair.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat November 15th, 2008, 1:11 am

So today I went to and got a hair cut! I hadn't had one since January so it was way past time! The girl was friendly enough, so I might go back there!

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sat November 15th, 2008, 7:10 pm

I had out patient surgery on Tuesday for my left foot, I have horrible ingrown nails on both large toes. Anyhow the Dr did my left one Tues. and I got to take the bandage off last night, my youngest said 'uck! put your band aid back on mommy, your toe might fall off' all I could do was laugh, next Teday is the right sides turn, hopefully it all goes well.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat November 15th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Oh those are awful! So painful! I used to get them a lot but never needed surgery for them. Hope all goes well!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat November 15th, 2008, 8:30 pm

[quote=""nona""]I had out patient surgery on Tuesday for my left foot, I have horrible ingrown nails on both large toes. Anyhow the Dr did my left one Tues. and I got to take the bandage off last night, my youngest said 'uck! put your band aid back on mommy, your toe might fall off' all I could do was laugh, next Teday is the right sides turn, hopefully it all goes well.[/quote]

I had both my big toes done at the same time, and was in hospital for three days. Unfortunately, this was in the days before cable TV, so there was only a few channels to choose from, but then my choice was made worse because the first Gulf War broke out so they interupted an episode of The Dukes of Hazzard (I never did find out if they found Uncle Jessie who had been kidnapped) to start showing the war, and that was all that was on for the rest of the time I was in hospital!

Edith Wharton

Return to “Chat”