Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri January 30th, 2009, 6:43 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Unfortunately I have to go out in the next hour or so. :mad: [/quote]

You poor woman you! The heat there sounds atrocious! I'll take the weather we're having any day over that!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri January 30th, 2009, 1:08 pm

the ice is melting, we're able to start cleaning up the land we're buying so we can get it ready for a house.

living in town in a storm you would think that people would help others in a time of need but noone did here, my husband and I took firewood to some of the elderly people, people who needed a tow to get out of the frifts or ditch we pulled out, and the funny thing is only half the people actually said thank you.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri January 30th, 2009, 6:42 pm

[quote=""nona""]the ice is melting, we're able to start cleaning up the land we're buying so we can get it ready for a house.

living in town in a storm you would think that people would help others in a time of need but noone did here, my husband and I took firewood to some of the elderly people, people who needed a tow to get out of the frifts or ditch we pulled out, and the funny thing is only half the people actually said thank you.[/quote]

How rude! Here on our news, I see people going out of their way to help those during the bad weather and the flooding afterwards when the rains hit. I would have thought people in OK would be very helpful to people, guess not!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

xiaotien
Reader

Post by xiaotien » Sat January 31st, 2009, 1:30 am

i painted the cutest bunny for my picture book!

he was such a surprise!
SILVER PHOENIX : Beyond the Kingdom of Xia
greenwillow / harpercollins summer '09

cindypon.com

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Post by Julianne Douglas » Sat January 31st, 2009, 5:00 am

Can't wait to see it, Xiao!

The weather was gorgeous here to day. I actually got outside to do some gardening (cleaning up leaves, moving pots around, pruning). We need rain so badly, though. We'll probably have water rationing in effect, come summer.
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Sat January 31st, 2009, 10:35 pm

This morning when I got out of the shower I was surprised to see my daughter in my bedroom!! My husband told me this morning he was going to go help a relative move some stuff but in reality, he went to go pick up my daughter at the airport. I was telling him earlier this week that I really missed her (it's been a month since we left her in Indiana with her aunt) and so he made arrangements for her to come out this weekend. She's taking a nap right now (which is why I'm on the computer!).

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sat January 31st, 2009, 10:56 pm

What a lovely surprise by your husband!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Sun February 1st, 2009, 5:15 am

[quote=""Tanzanite""]This morning when I got out of the shower I was surprised to see my daughter in my bedroom!! My husband told me this morning he was going to go help a relative move some stuff but in reality, he went to go pick up my daughter at the airport. I was telling him earlier this week that I really missed her (it's been a month since we left her in Indiana with her aunt) and so he made arrangements for her to come out this weekend. She's taking a nap right now (which is why I'm on the computer!).[/quote]

How lovely! Have a great weekend with her!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Mon February 2nd, 2009, 6:38 pm

Girl Scout cookies were being sold early this weekend! Yum!

Worst thing: jeans are strangely tighter this weekend.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

amyb
Reader

Post by amyb » Mon February 2nd, 2009, 7:26 pm

Upon waking this morning I find a sweet happy anniversary card from my husband! It is our 6th year wedding anniversary today! Woo Hoo!

Return to “Chat”