Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

The best thing today

Post by diamondlil » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Is waking up to find that Boswellbaxter figured out how to install the software, and we are BACK! :D :D :D

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Mon August 25th, 2008, 9:42 pm

I second that, Marg!

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Mon August 25th, 2008, 10:20 pm

I third that!!!!!!!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon August 25th, 2008, 10:47 pm

I quadruple that!

SM

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:38 pm

Hooray! Well done!

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:59 pm

Yep, that probably counts as the best thing

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue August 26th, 2008, 12:01 am

This is fantastic! I didnt realise how much I would miss you all till you were taken away from me!

Mega thanks!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue August 26th, 2008, 12:16 am

Definitely my best thing today was finding the forum back. And to think that in '07 this forum was my first venture into the world of internet interaction! (email excluded, of course.) My, I missed it when it was gone.
OK, second best thing is the youngest son started his new job today, doing something he loves for not-awful pay. It was a long six months since he was laid off, mostly hanging around our house or his siblings' places being gloomy.

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue August 26th, 2008, 5:56 pm

This happened the other day but it's was certainly a "best" thing. I took my dog to a different trainer to *again* get help with her aggression issues towards other dogs. He was AMAZING with her!! Within one session he had her walking along side his dog and at the end of an hour an a half he had her in the yard with five other dogs. First with a leash and muzzle, then just a leash, then off leash with NO muzzle. She acted up a bit but quickly got under control.

This was sooo promising and he said that her issues are not so much that she hates other dogs and wants to kill them but she's basically scared and lacks socialization because I've kept her apart from other dogs for so long. I'm just so amazed at how well she did and it just really goes to show that no dog is too old to learn. She's almost 9 and has had aggression issues since she was 1 1/2 years old. I've taken her to several trainers and behaviorists and she never did as well as with this guy. I'm soo psyched!

He gave me some "homework" to do over the next few weeks and then we're going to board her with him and take her to his doggie day care bootcamp to get her properly socialized. This could open up a whole new world for Lila! I'm sooo thrilled!!

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed August 27th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Great you found a good trainer for Lila! Our standard poodle had 'fear biting' issues as well. Most people can't tell the difference between fear-caused aggression and dominance-aggression when other members of the same species are involved.

Return to “Chat”