Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Snow!

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Mon March 2nd, 2009, 1:07 am

It's snowing here now, but the wind gusts are so strong the snow is getting blown sideways! I'm watching Jim Cantore (that Hurricane Hunk ;) ) on the Weather Channel getting really snowed on in Charlotte NC. I hope my house gets it like that. I really want a snow day tomorrow.

Edit: Yay. Snow day wish came true. Office is closed tomorrow and no midterm exam tomorrow evening. Love it! Almost makes me want to go outside and make a series of snow angels .... not. It's almost midnight and the wind is blowing at nearly 20 mph. Serious brrrrrrr.
Last edited by Leyland on Mon March 2nd, 2009, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon March 2nd, 2009, 1:44 am

Well our last storm was supposed to give us 4 to 8 inches. Yeah, right. Coming down blue blazes and no more than 2.5 inches. Cold again, but at least that keeps the mud at bay.

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Mon March 2nd, 2009, 1:49 am

Today, March 1, we reached a high of 81. Sky very blue, lovely day in the garden. Yes I am gloating, because we have summer here from May to October, and so I have so little opportunity to do so :)

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Mon March 2nd, 2009, 10:40 pm

We're digging out from snow here. Some places got more than others, number of county public schools and county govts either closed for the day or delayed openings.

Return to “Chat”